• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best coin to mine !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZL1

Senior Crypto Caretaker
I will post the best coin to mine in this post, it will be as to my best knowledge, so you guys post what you think is currently best and back it up with results and I will update the main post ;)

please keep in mind, most profitable coins are usually new coins and their profitability degrades quick! what im trying here is to create a heads up on whats good right now, but that may not be good tomorrow, so watch the exchange rates please; i will of course try to update this as often as humanly possible, but thats not always possible :)
note: per popular request I added the exchange rate per coin at the time of the post update, but again keep in mind that the crypto markets are quite volatile

as of 03/28 best coins to mine are:

0.006 btc a day @ 1 VTC = 0.0027 btc - verticoin(VTC), uses modified scrypt and will give you the appearance of half your hashrate, more info here

0.005 btc a day @ 1 LTC = 0.027 btc - litecoin(LTC), ok .. this is such an old standby i dont think i need to explain it, or do i ? :)

legend:

red is for good 50% more profitable than standard auto-trading multipools which usually yield about 1 cent per 1mhs per day

yellow is for decent 20-40% over multipools

magenta about same as multipools

grey dog with flees

the quoted returns are per 1 standard-scrypt-mhs, I am considering hardware results on good ol standard scrypt as an yardstick and just adjust to new measurements on each coin, for ex 1 ssm would be about 500khs in verticoin and about 500mhs in maxcoin

Last edited:
I agree: Maxcoin then Vertcoin.

If both those become unprofitable I'll switch to DGC again, which is almost always more profitable than mining LTC.

I'll throw it in too:
For CPU, XPM is best, then PTS.

I think it is important to note that fluctuations and where the profitability drops for its value. Right now MAX is approaching .0009 which is the bottom rung up my profitability calculator over VTC (I switched to VTC for that reason today so that I don't lose out if it keeps dropping).

I think it is important to note that fluctuations and where the profitability drops for its value. Right now MAX is approaching .0009 which is the bottom rung up my profitability calculator over VTC (I switched to VTC for that reason today so that I don't lose out if it keeps dropping).

Yep, very good idea to keep running the numbers.

I just re-ran my calculation for the past hour and I'm up to 76 1/2 MAX per 24 hours based on that hour. Difficulty must be dropping like a rock as people get out.

yap, i know, this will be a flowing post, i will update as often as i possibly can :) but yes i should make a bold warning that these things always change, either way, as long as the drop is not under 1/1mhs its still better than most alternatives

p.s. btw vtc is also sadly taking a dive so max still remains the more profitable atm

to support my own claim, thats 2 standard scrypt mhs or 1ghs in max, at this rate this comes out to over 4btc-cents a day at current exchange rate

Attachments

• Capture112.JPG
    Capture112.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 991
to support my own claim, thats 2 standard scrypt mhs or 1ghs in max, at this rate this comes out to over 4btc-cents a day at current exchange rate

To back it up, for 1.5Gh/s, this is what I've got for the last 8 hours.

maxpay.png

That works out to 21.56523134 MAX.

:thup: well at least now my results line up with urs :)) mhs to mhs that is

YACoin has advantages on some slower high ram cards. Perhaps nvidia as well. Nvidia is better off with YAC or PTS than scrypt or VTC/MAX I think.

i need some stats guys, currently as far as i know max remains king @ 2.5cent a day per standard scrypt mhs

I'm in the ballpark of 2.8 standard scrypt Mh/s, and I've made 20.9 MAX in the last 24 hours.

MAX is currently .0032 BTC, so .06688 BTC a day / 2.8 = .023 BTC per standard scrypt Mh/s

Okay. I'm confused.

I've been mining blind on MAX, I have no really accurate idea on how much BTC/day I make.

VTC's diff has dropped again, and I'm lookingto make 0.01 BTC/day mining it.
The chatbox at Mcxnow says to hop onto Darkcoin...
Ultracoin has been brought up a few times...
Dogecoin still looks profitable...
I love DGC, and it's not to bad....

I'm so confused on what's the best now. Anyone want to help clear up some confusion please? :confused:

The Doge blockchain is forked - I wouldn't go there until that's resolved.

Personally, I don't like to go between coins too often. Too much hassle.

The Doge blockchain is forked - I wouldn't go there until that's resolved.

Personally, I don't like to go between coins too often. Too much hassle.

It sucks up all of your free time but that's how you make the big bucks. :thup:

UTC seems to be pretty good for me.

I'll worry about the big bucks when I have more than three cards hashing for me :p

Back