• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cryptocurrency exchange news

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Done. Requested as Mining Crew, as opposed to team, more similar to the benching team than Rosetta/Seti/F@H

Still different though, as the benching team is still a team, in that it competes together against other teams for scores/etc on hwbot.

I could see am argument made if there was an "official" OCF pool, but there pretty much isn't (I mean Splat made one I do believe, but mostly just as a test for seeing how it worked) and we all know very few if any of us would use it as it wouldn't be large enough to be profitable.

Still different though, as the benching team is still a team, in that it competes together against other teams for scores/etc on hwbot.

I could see am argument made if there was an "official" OCF pool, but there pretty much isn't (I mean Splat made one I do believe, but mostly just as a test for seeing how it worked) and we all know very few if any of us would use it as it wouldn't be large enough to be profitable.

Im with Jan on this one + its off-topic here

Cryptorush.in will be back soon...

According to their twitter page, by next week they will open up again.
I hope to finally withdraw my BTC stuck in there. (Maybe some extra from all this mess?)

Got this in an email yesterday,

Hello,

Two weeks from today, I will be shutting down CryptX.io.

This is primarily because CryptX is not receiving sufficient volume to cover operating expenses.

It will also allow me to focus time on other projects such as Prove It (https://github.com/ConceptPending/proveit) and Fincrypt (https://github.com/ConceptPending/fincrypt), which I have neglected lately.

Thanks to everyone who signed up, deposited, and traded. I'm sorry I couldn't bring more traffic

Please withdraw any funds you may still have on the site before May 8, as I will be shutting down all servers then, making it much slower to credit any remaining deposits.

Best Regards,

Nick

More new additions at VoS: Blackcoin, Zetacoin, Fluttercoin, Novacoin, Asiacoin, Einsteinium, Billioncoin and Noblecoin.

They're also making progress at getting back into the US for fiat exchanges.

Poloniex is down:

All funds are safe. Poloniex does use cold wallets.

What happened was an attacker used social engineering to gain root access to a wallet server. This was made possible by absolutely jaw-dropping negligence on the part of the hosting provider. Fortunately, I caught the attempt in time and was able to shut down the server before anything was taken. All BTC has been moved into cold storage, and then next step is to set up a new server with a different provider.

Please stop sending BTC to your old BTC deposit addresses. The funds will not be lost, but all new addresses must be generated, as I must assume the old wallet is compromised. It is very unlikely that it was, but "unlikely" is not good enough.

I appreciate everyone's patience while I take proper security measures before bringing the exchange back online.

From the Mcxnow chat box:

throckmortem: @realsolid May I ask what the suicide countdown is?

realsolid: @throckmortem it doesnt exist atm, mcxnow never runs a fractional reserve

realsolid: but the theory is, people who dont use their accounts for say 6 months are assumed dead and their funds redistributed to mcxfee holders

So make sure you trade at least every 6 months.
That is, is RS actually implements that.

Any idea why it would take 8 hours or more for a pending withdrawal from Cryptsy?

I started a withdrawal about 8:30 am eastern time and it is 4:30 now and it is still listed as approved, but pending. My two previous withdrawals from there were processed in about 5 minutes for one and about 3 hours for the other.

Back