• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Desktop and Server Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some updates from yesterday:

Got the sleeving in the mail! Going to start on that soon.

Sleeving.jpg

Pin tool.jpg

Nils Drawing.jpg

Also got the cooler mounted, GPU in, and everything buttoned up!

Noctua Mounted.jpg

Finished building.jpg

In its home.jpg

That's looking pretty sweet atm, I really like that case.

Keeping em in mind for the future unless I really go nuts.

I'm odd, and even when I bought a NH-D14 I put it vertical, turned a few fans around, and made it a pull- pull cooler out to the 200 up top, and the two NS-F12's pull air from the side out of the back horizontally, but you're going to stick the water in there anyways.

It sucks air off the back side of the 280X too that way.

Last edited:
That's looking pretty sweet atm, I really like that case.

Keeping em in mind for the future unless I really go nuts.

I love it. Best case I've ever built in. SO easy to route cables, and the airflow is phenomenal.

Ran into my first issue last night/this morning. The PERC 6/i isn't compatible with my GA-880GA-UD3H.

Nothing anywhere online about it, but the BIOS hangs with the 6/i in.
That said, the 6/i works on my GA-970A-UD3.

I'll have some news about that soon, so stay tuned :thup:

Thiddy (El Hugginator) talked some sense into me today.
Apparently the drives I got (and all others besides Reds and Enterprise) have a HUGE time on TLER and can cause issues in RAID.

Since I have time before putting my 970A into the server, I sent the drives back and ordered Reds to take their place.

Reds.jpg

So those should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Good advice. :thup: Got a good deal on the Seagate NAS drives instead, they haven't let me down yet.

I've heard newegg doesn't do that well packaging multiple hard drives - let me know how that works out for you.

Good advice. :thup: Got a good deal on the Seagate NAS drives instead, they haven't let me down yet.

I've heard newegg doesn't do that well packaging multiple hard drives - let me know how that works out for you.

The four AV-GP drives showed up in a box the size of this house with styrofoam, anti-static, and bubbles. They changed it WAY for the better.

I've literally only had one WD fail on me out of ten that I use or used daily and even more intermittently. Kind of earned my loyalty lol.

So, good and bad news.

Bad news first, because I'm that kind of guy, I won't be able to use the Swiftech rad/res/pump combo and still be able to fit a 360mm radiator in the front (at least of any non-super-slim size).

Good news, I can fit an XT45 240mm in the top and an XT45 360mm in the front at the same time. Probably in push-pull for everything but the upper fan on the 360mm rad.

Also, Swiftech has a new pump and block coming out VERY soon, so I'll probably wait for those.
Pump is the MCP50X, should make less noise, less cost, and more flow than the 35X.
Block is the Apogee XL. Assuming it'll fit SB since it fits IB and Haswell. Probably an optional AM3 kit and 2011 kit like the other blocks. Supposed to be the same price as the HD.
According to their forum (and my link), looking at late March/early April.

Back