• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Desktop and Server Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First cable done! Its not perfect, but I'll take it for my first shot at sleeving.
I really like these colors together.

PCIe.jpg

Was it a pain in the.. well you know ;) ?

Its a pain until you get into a rhythm and figure out a technique.
The first night I did one of those wires. Last night I did five.
Took about the same amount of time both nights.

Got some HDDs and RAM today!
4x4GB ECC DDR3 courtesy of Thiddy in the classies.

For those of you asking about the packaging, this isn't the same as last time. Still way better than the old packing material though.

IMG_20140227_175039_152.jpg

IMG_20140227_175104_707.jpg

IMG_20140227_175131_530.jpg

IMG_20140227_175458_906.jpg

Plugged in all four Reds and the 6i to the desktop just to verify they worked properly, and thought "what the heck, I'll R0 them for some fun".

So I did.

CDM_R0.jpg

ATTO_R0.jpg

Slight update, did some painting tonight :D
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with the two systems, and will be here with a HUGE update soon!

For now, this will have to hold you over.

IMG_20140315_202733.jpg

And it most certainly will. Nice job! :thup:

Thanks Silver! I just hit the mesh with some scotch brite front and back to scuff the surface and make the paint stick nice and smooth.

Believe it or not, that's only one coat.

Thanks Silver! I just hit the mesh with some scotch brite front and back to scuff the surface and make the paint stick nice and smooth.

Believe it or not, that's only one coat.

Wow! That looks good for one coat. You sure you didn't sneak another coat on? :p

Wow! That looks good for one coat. You sure you didn't sneak another coat on? :p

Just a nice, even, heavy coat.
It darkened up a bit from the black left underneath, which I had planned on.

I wanted to keep it to fewer coats to avoid closing holes up, since it does have air flowing through it.
Properly priming and painting it would have been 3 layers, maybe 4.

Just a nice, even, heavy coat.
It darkened up a bit from the black left underneath, which I had planned on.

I wanted to keep it to fewer coats to avoid closing holes up, since it does have air flowing through it.
Properly priming and painting it would have been 3 layers, maybe 4.

Good point. I really want a new case all of a sudden :p

You know, this one has really good airflow, which will help with your mining ;)

:D Yeah and it looks better than my ugly home made wood case now :p
Hmmmm, maybe I'll make a new case today since I'm bored and homework can wait :rofl:

So, update.
I've spent money, and my wallet hates me.

Over the last couple of days, these have showed up:
-Black Ice GT Stealth 360
-Alphacool ST30 240mm
-Swiftech MCP35X
-3x 780 Classified Hydro Copper waterblocks
-3x 780 Classified Backplates

Rads.jpg

780 Block.jpg

So, since I got the 780 Classified blocks, I thought it only appropriate to get the 780 Classified that was on sale:

780 Box.jpg

780 Foam.jpg

780 Front.jpg

780 Back.jpg

780 Angle.jpg

Also, I might have gotten a killer deal on a 2600K and a P8Z77-V LK, so the FX-6300 and UD3 are out. They will be going into the server, and the 2600K in the gaming rig.

2600K.jpg

Asus Mobo.jpg

And I just installed everything but the WC parts tonight.

Air No Side.jpg

Air Side.jpg

To give you an idea of HOW HUGE this new GPU is, this is beside the 770.

770-780 Comparison.jpg

So, update.
I've spent money, and my wallet hates me.

That is HORRIBLE, I have an idea on how to make it up to your wallet. I'll PM you my address, you send me everything that has made your wallet grumpy and I will take over the hated by your wallet role! This is a VERY good idea and will surely return YOU to your wallet's good graces.

When shall I expect my preciouses err presents err horribad unbearably horrendous hatred by your wallet to commence?:ty:

Back