• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Garbage FPS, 270x Dual-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Yep, I have a Sapphire Dual-x OC BF4 270x, and I get a whopping... 34 FPS in Farcry 2! :shock:

Minecraft gets 30 FPS in a heavily forested area, and ~120 on a floating island world...

Yet my 6850 gets 74 FPS in Farcry 2 (same settings, DX9, max everything else)
and ~150 FPS Minecraft floating world (~40-60 in that heavy forest area)

CPU never goes above 60% while gaming. Mobo has Pci 2.0, not Pci 3.0 but that shouldn't matter right?

Specs are in the sig.

Thanks guys. :)

Link to card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/present...dex.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2089&lid=1

Yep, I have a Sapphire Dual-x OC BF4 270x, and I get a whopping... 34 FPS in Farcry 2! :shock:

Minecraft gets 30 FPS in a heavily forested area, and ~120 on a floating island world...

Yet my 6850 gets 74 FPS in Farcry 2 (same settings, DX9, max everything else)
and ~150 FPS Minecraft floating world (~40-60 in that heavy forest area)

CPU never goes above 60% while gaming. Mobo has Pci 2.0, not Pci 3.0 but that shouldn't matter right?

Specs are in the sig.

Thanks guys. :)

Link to card: http://www.sapphiretech.com/present...dex.aspx?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1227&pid=2089&lid=1

Run 3DMark bench and tell me the score.

3dmark 11 then

I couldn't use tiered internet... I've had month where I've downloaded 100GB's worth of data...

3dmark 11 then

I couldn't use tiered internet... I've had month where I've downloaded 100GB's worth of data...

3dmark 11 Basic edition. Downloading now. [Give me 10 min to download :p ]

One of my college classmates downloaded 980 Gb in one month :shock:

If it really makes a difference, Nvidia drivers are installed on my rig.

The graphic driver and Physx only. I see no difference while mining with them installed however..

This is to allow me to swap in any Nvidia card like my 550ti with out installing drivers and stuff.

If it really makes a difference, Nvidia drivers are installed on my rig.

The graphic driver and Physx only. I see no difference while mining with them installed however..

This is to allow me to swap in any Nvidia card like my 550ti with out installing drivers and stuff.

it could be causing a conflict... like I said, I had to do a fresh install of windows and haven't had flickering...

Solved!

Looks like it was a case of the "driver blues".

I uninstalled all graphic drivers, AMD and Nvidia, then ran display driver uninstaller, and swept up both Nvida and AMD file and folders and settings.

Re-installed 13.12 drivers and I now get 125 FPS in Farcry 2! :D
Minecraft is still at garbage FPS, but that's to be expected.

Here is my final 3DMark 11 results:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7983908 Much better. :D

Thanks for the help guys :thup:
I'll add this one to the Solved pile.

Back