• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a new case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was wrong. Steel resonates just as much as aluminum if you have too many fans. I'm not sure how to get rid of these damn vibrations. I have every case fan separated from the case by rubber vibration dampers and attacked with zip ties instead of screws. The thing still hums.

Dynamat if you want to pay for name. Plastidip can work as an alternative.

Dynamat if you want to pay for name. Plastidip can work as an alternative.

@Brando
you need to make the panels heavier; that sound dampening stuff you can buy even at homedepot works well.. not the light foamy stuff, the thick heavy recycled rubber kind of stuff. You can stick it to every available surface (without blocking airflow of course), but the sidepanels are probably the culprits.

@OP
obviously the gods are running interference.. they dont want you to have a nanoxia... better go for a Fractal Design Arc :D

Good ideas that I may end up trying. I think I might have fixed it but I need to give it a few days. Apparently over tightening the screws that keep the side panel on cause the noise. Tightening them just enough seems to have done the trick. No idea why. Thanks guys I'll do that next if it comes back.

It wasn't the tightness of the screws. The noise eventually came back. Now I have a bunch of 2 layer thick little pads of electrical tape along the inner edge of the top and bottom of the door. I think it worked. Sorry for jacking the thread.

It wasn't the tightness of the screws. The noise eventually came back. Now I have a bunch of 2 layer thick little pads of electrical tape along the inner edge of the top and bottom of the door. I think it worked. Sorry for jacking the thread.

Try to find something similar to http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/ft-4516/3m-vinyl-foam-tape-black-3/4-x-36yd/1.html to use instead of E tape. the adhesive in E tape turns to goo pretty easily and you WILL regret it once that happens.

Also you can use that foam for about 70 billion other uses as well. I have a few rolls and will pick up more.

Back