• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big Picture/Future of Bitcoins/Cryptocurrency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Read an article from the Harvard Busines Review about bitcoins. Very interesting and open article, not a doom or gloom but good subjective review IMO.
http://blogs.hbr.org/2013/04/building-a-better-bitcoin/

I'm curious for ideas how to design a better global currency that is NOT government/entity controlled. The limit of coins and deflation is most concerning, but how do you manage coin levels to limit inflation as well? Tough balancing act without have that entity!...might not be a way to do it, who knows!

It's harder than it seems I think. Take crypto for example, mining isnt reasonable for a complete replacement, imagine working for a business and being told that your paycheck was cut in half because the price of BTC dropped, or the server got DDOS so we didnt make coins for 3 days..

Now, a currency that is actually backed by physical value, and cant just be printed off as the government wished, or at a set controlled rate of circulation. With only X amount of dollars being introduced per year would be a start. Like our economy is theoretically based on. (I say theoretically because obviously the value of gold increases the value of the USD does in fact NOT, when the value of gold should directly reflect the strength of the USD)

As much as I wish it could happen, short of a global reorganization I don't think its viable.

Back