• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MtGox, the climax

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Planning to arbitrage MtGox once withdrawals are enabled? It won't work the way you are planning to do it.

They stated there will be a withdraw queue. The first people in line will be Gox employees. The second people in line will be Gox family. The third people in line will be Gox insiders/investors. The fourth people in line will be Gox friends.

While that takes place, price on Gox will rise considerably since coins are getting out and there is proof. Then people will realize that they can't get their own coins out. Gox will reassure them, don't worry, there is a queue in order to protect you and deal with "market conditions". So you wait, because your other options are fiat withdrawal, but at this point the price is tanking already again, and fiat still hasn't gotten out from people waiting since September of last year.

Not long after that, Gox reports that they've made a critical mistake in that they've been distributing profits to investors and employees, while not reserving enough funds for their operating budget in light of unforeseen circumstances related to lost bitcoin due to their handling of transaction malleability and the cost related to hire contractors to address the issue. Again they reassure users, they are transparent lately, they've been telling people what is going on and working at resolutions for weeks now. Just bear with us, we're looking at various options which will enable us to continue servicing customers, and it will only take some time to sort this out.

Unfortunately, Karpeles probably would mean it to... Except the next morning the protester out front of the office doesn't have a sign on the end of his picket stick, he's sharpened it... He's been paid off by others stuck with Goxbux seeking revenge. Karpeles doesn't die cleanly but die he does... bitcointalkforums holds an international day of celebration, a new CEO is hired, and the next day all of their problems are fixed. Unfortunately, it turns out all of Goxes funds were stored in a paperwallet which Karpeles was carrying as he was going into the office for the last time, but when he was stabbed it spilled his delicious dessert coffee beverage rendering the paper wallet unreadable. All the coins to cover user balances are gone... No one complains however, as at least the real problem got fixed.

In as much as I never like to see anyone come into harms way, I really doubt there is going to be a good end to this saga.

As it was hinted at above and to reiterate a statement I made days ago to someone else I know involved with BTC. The weather surrounding the current GOX situation is "Cloudy with a chance of murder."

I just hope this whole thing ends soon. Ive got a significant amount of coinage sitting in my wallet thats burning a hole in my HDD waiting to be spend once the price rebounds.

Best of luck to anyone with funds trapped inside the worthless market known as GOX.

You don't have to venture into the Cryptocurrency forum to express that sentiment. In fact, it would be preferable that you didn't, to save us the hassle of dealing with responses to that kind of post.

Good riddance. Maybe people will start figuring out that *coin is just a giant pyramid scam.

Can't argue with Stone Cold Steve Cash. WLOeu6R.gif

But for real, most (all) of us saw this coming. Gox is dead because it was based on bad code and got hacked, and then a ton of horrible decisions were made by management after that. The only effect it's having on BTC right now it's making it cheaper to buy.

Last edited:
Back