• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choppy Streaming video.Grrrr...Help>?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

Ok so this machine can play,
Even 720p Video files without a hitch on media players and video games like WOW as well but Youtube or any other streaming video it lags and chops and the sound breaks up.I really can't watch you tube videos it's that bad.There is no malware on the computer and even does this after a clean windows install or Xubuntu...How the hell can I fix this?

The specs are
AMD 3500+ 2.4ghz single core skt 754
Some type of via chipset
2 gigs of pc3200 ddr
Nvidia 6800XT 256mb
80 gig IDE Hdd

Sorry forgot that...

Your Speed Result:
Download Speed: 24555 kbps (3069.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5221 kbps (652.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Verizon Fios.I never have speed problems

I would suspect that internet connection rather than hardware/software.

Best way to be 100% is to take a laptop somewhere with a 5 Mbps or higher speed. Test it there. Then take it home and test the same web page. If it's choppy at home but not choppy at 5 Mbps or higher internet connection - then you would know what's causing it.

Or if it is easier. If you can run a speed test somewhere else, and if it has more than 5Mbps, just see if the same choppy stream can be watched clean there.

The speed is like 25/5 that' not the problem.I have other computers in the house that were working fine through all this but I found the solution! I switched from Chrome to IE8 and updated Flash player.Problem fixed lol. Tried with Chrome agin and no good so for that computer I'm not using Chrome.
Thanks bro

Back