• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Water Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its stock (according to your signature). When overclocked, these things can skyrocket to well over 200W. You said you were benching so you will be pushing this to the limit as well I assume...

With a mid-range GPU and that CPU 4x120mm is the total rad I would have to keep your DeltaT low.
No I'm running at 4.6Ghz as is type this.
So that would mean that I might have to add a 120 to my 360 at some point.

Attachments

• cpuz.PNG
    cpuz.PNG
    29.3 KB · Views: 71
  • hwm.PNG
    hwm.PNG
    27.7 KB · Views: 71
I have 8350 running 4,5Ghz and HD4870@850Mhz/1000Mhz on my loop with GTX360 radiator and temps stay bellow 60c P95 small FFTs+furmark when fans are limited to 70%. Idle temps are between 30-40c but fans are on 20% bellow 40c.
The fans I have are Scythe Grand Flex PWM fans that spin up to 2400rpm but they have a design flaw that prevents me going near and over 2000rpm. These fans are not suitable for horizontal mounting and everyone should stay away from them. Its a shame cause they are awesome fans.
in case anyone cares here is a link to scythe forums where I am trying to convince them that they have a design flaw and hopefully I can swap them for other model.

I have to ask if you have them set properly in the bios. I didn't think orientation would have that much effect on speed. This sounds more like they're not getting enough power.

Alphacool UT60 360mm rad with some NB Eloop fans in push/pull config should work well for the cpu and maybe add a 120 or 140 rad later for gpu if you go wc on it
The kits are nice but the fans and tubing that come with are so so
Pick out the components based on how well they perform in tests and what you can afford
Going custom cost alittle more but not really too much more and it will do better

No I'm running at 4.6Ghz as is type this.
So that would mean that I might have to add a 120 to my 360 at some point.

You should be fine with the 360 rad as long as you're only running the cpu through it.

I have 8350 running 4,5Ghz and HD4870@850Mhz/1000Mhz on my loop with GTX360 radiator and temps stay bellow 60c P95 small FFTs+furmark when fans are limited to 70%. Idle temps are between 30-40c but fans are on 20% bellow 40c.
The fans I have are Scythe Grand Flex PWM fans that spin up to 2400rpm but they have a design flaw that prevents me going near and over 2000rpm. These fans are not suitable for horizontal mounting and everyone should stay away from them. Its a shame cause they are awesome fans.
in case anyone cares here is a link to scythe forums where I am trying to convince them that they have a design flaw and hopefully I can swap them for other model.
Good info thanks, is the GTX360 the only rad. in the case?
Dan

Unless you're going for a 780 or higher from NVidia or an R9 280X or higher from AMD, there's no point in WCing the GPU.

Your cost to return isn't that good on cards lower than that. (unless you're running multi-gpu, which you said you weren't planning)

Alphacool UT60 360mm rad with some NB Eloop fans in push/pull config should work well for the cpu and maybe add a 120 or 140 rad later for gpu if you go wc on it
The kits are nice but the fans and tubing that come with are so so
Pick out the components based on how well they perform in tests and what you can afford
Going custom cost alittle more but not really too much more and it will do better
Thanks for the input. +1 on the kits I don't care too much about someone else picking everything.
Dan

My 480mm rad keeps mine @ 4.9Ghz 50* & 40* and the fans are not running full blast
Too bad my chip won't go past 4.9 though
I went as they say overkill but it should cool any cpu I put in there

What's the biggest rad thickness you can still do push-pull with in that case?

Well I believe that we have beaten the rad. to death. I have decided to change my choice to the Alphacool Ut60 that ATMINSIDE suggested. Looks like it is one of the best ones out there.

Going right along with the rad. is the question - compression or barbed fittings? I am leaning toward compression

Back