• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Water Cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I vote compression for the simple fact that they're easier to work with.
Only problem is that you need to match both the ID and the OD of the tubing, and they cost more.

With barbs you only need to match the ID.

papadan, compressiom fitting look nice, and with that board your not going for a 5.0 clock are you?

I used to be a Antec case fan and still like my 1200 that's modded a lot for air, but the HAFs for the price I've been using lately myself.

You can do a lot with em.

:thup:

Might explore a bit more but I'm still happy with whats in here, for versatility at price point a HAF pretty hard to beat.

But I want to see this too big time.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743453
I also like the HAF series, This one will make two for me. I didn't like the newest HAF-X as much as the 932 & is why I got it.
Dan

I ordered the radiator today & when it arrives I will need to do the initial cleaning. The water cooling section has a sticky that describes a procedure.

2) Washing procedure

Radiator

1.Boil sink water and let it cool for ~5 minutes.
2.Pour the hot water into the radiator until it is completely filled up. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3.Drain ~1/2 of the water into a clear container. This creates some air space and allows you to check the cleanliness of the water.
4.Shake and rotate the radiator for at least 5 minutes. After which, drain it into the clear container.
5.Repeat steps 2-4 until the water is crystal clear, and that no gunk forms once the water settles.
6.Repeat steps 2-4 two more times with distilled water

Question - Is this procedure one that you would use? If not how do you clean a new rad ?
Thanks Dan

That's it, step 4 is commonly referred to as the "rad dance" in which we pray to the gods of WC that our temps be low and our leaks be few.

The radiator came in today. Starting the initial cleaning. The fans, fittings, & tubing came in earlier this week so it is starting to come together.:clap:
Dan

Now it's time to choose a CPU waterblock. I've been looking at the EK Supremacy & the XSPC Raystorm. They both seem to get real good reviews.

Any comments or recommendations please.

Also I see that some of the blocks are nickel plated but there have been reviews that have stated that the plating had started to peel off. Are the nickel plated ones any better than the copper ones?
Thanks Dan

Be sure to look at the mounting system, I'm going for the Apogee HD (or Apogee XL when it comes out) because of Swiftech's mount system.

I can recommend EK Supermacy. It it very good block for FX CPU. Just mind that some people have had problems with the nickel plated ones. Package contains everything needed for mounting but instructions suck :D

Back