• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8.1 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bambamshere

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem I installed windows 8.1 on a new build the other day. Now I can't get into it unless I go threw bios and hit quick boot in there. If I don't it goes to a automatic repair screen and then just stops and either freezes or goes to black screen. I was thinking might repair it from windows disk but it won't do that either.

Computer listed below

I was thinking maybe taking the hard drive out and formatting it then doing clean install of windows but went to dos and tried and it won't format. Not the dos threw windows. I got into dos from the disk that came with motherboard.

I'm pretty new to 8.1 myself, but I'm honestly scratching my head more or less ATM on that one.

Does sound like something fudging the BIOS obviously, maybe let it go to the repair screen if that's where it wants to go and let it sit awhile.

Sometimes these things take time and work out if you let them run.

:shrug:

There have been a few times with the SSD's on mine you can't really detect much on a repair screen even if they are running.

That or just say screw it and do a clean install maybe, I did a few trying it out.

Last edited:
Back