• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 3630qm Upgrade to i7 3920xm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

i7 3630qm Upgrade to i7 3920xm

I fould an i7 3920xm for $390.

Would it be worth the upgrade?

And yes I've seen all the benchmarks (CPU Boss, etc.) but am looking for personal input.

Faster overall processing power, but no I don't do any 3D rendering. I will do the occassional DVD backup or video format converting of video clips, movies etc.

Faster overall processing power, but no I don't do any 3D rendering. I will do the occassional DVD backup or video format converting of video clips, movies etc.

I do not think you will see that big a difference. What is the total system config?

Now what I have always stressed to people is it is fine just to upgrade because you want to.

$390 for 400Mhz? I wouldn't do it. I doubt you would notice a thing and just be left there $390 lighter (or for whatever you may be able to sell your existing chip to recoup some costs).

But I agree with Archer's last line too!

Back