• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reference nvidia brand GTX 760 Crazy HEAT!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

So I just got a GTX 760, nvidia reference brand. The one you can only buy at bestbuy from what I was told. It's nvidia brand. I know reference cards are known for poor cooling, but this card got crazy hot while playing rust. Im talking 98*C which max temp is supposed to be 97*C - the game didnt freak out artifact or anything, still ran like a champ... , and is now cooling down to about 52*C 2 mins after being out of game and going down (i hope) I noticed this fan doesn't kick up or anything as it heats up. Is that normal? What's normal temp range for these reference cards? Any software like afterburner that I could use to keep this fan in check?

thanks for any help!

How did you find out what your video card temp was. I have a Nvidia 760 GTX also and fans are on I noticed. But I also have 8 fans in my case.

So I just got a GTX 760, nvidia reference brand. The one you can only buy at bestbuy from what I was told. It's nvidia brand. I know reference cards are known for poor cooling, but this card got crazy hot while playing rust. Im talking 98*C which max temp is supposed to be 97*C - the game didnt freak out artifact or anything, still ran like a champ... , and is now cooling down to about 52*C 2 mins after being out of game and going down (i hope) I noticed this fan doesn't kick up or anything as it heats up. Is that normal? What's normal temp range for these reference cards? Any software like afterburner that I could use to keep this fan in check?

thanks for any help!

How is the case cooling? If your are trapping all the hot air inside the case, then this is normal, if you have great airflow, then something is wrong.

How did you find out what your video card temp was. I have a Nvidia 760 GTX also and fans are on I noticed. But I also have 8 fans in my case.

You can use different programs.

The most common being HWmonitor.

Mine is running at 32*c max for mine on HWmonitor is 32*c but not sure how far they go up. The fans on mine are running right now. I notice tho that before I put the video card driver in the fans were hardly ever on.

How is the case cooling? If your are trapping all the hot air inside the case, then this is normal, if you have great airflow, then something is wrong.

You can use different programs.

The most common being HWmonitor.

I have the fractal r4, 2 front intake fans, two top exhaust fans that are on my h100i, and 1 rear exhaust fan. I'm thinking I either need to replace that rear exhaust fan with something more powerful and add the side fan that will either blow air onto the card or suck it off. Blowing air on it sounds more useful in this case. I did throw MSI afterburner on there and set up a fan cooling profile, and it didnt get over say 64*C while playing but only for 10 mins or so. Knowing that the fan was locked regardless of the temp climbing makes me think there is something buggy in nvidias software.

MSI Afterburner is for GPUs. And load temps are what he is looking for.

Make sure you have it set to AUTO in MSI AB so it uses the built in profile.

In Afterburner you can manually set at what speed you want your fans to go up to at certain temperatures. I've set mine at 40% under 50 Celsius and 100% after 70 Celsius.:drool:

It's good to know im not the only one climbing past 70/ Im coming from ATI cards which I wasn't used to this kind of heat.

Back