• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldathon - Adak to the stars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never folded ever, so with any luck, I'll get this folding thingy running and folding for Adak.

Hopefully my little CPU can of some use. :p
There a getting started guide if I can't get'r running?

EDIT: Yeah... It's a no go :(
I can see the FAHclient.exe running in process explorer, but nothing happens... no GUI no web interface. Any Ideas?

Look down in the task bar beside the clock. There should be a folding icon there. Right click and select Advanced. A window should come up showing all the details and you can configure everything there.

In, and godspeed to Adak. :(

I haven't folded in a while and I don't recall if there was a GPU client. I have a GTX 460. I'm running the Linux x86_64 binaries on a laptop and my signature PC. I'll be scanning the FAH forum to see if there are any tweaks to get more performance out of the desktop. The laptop is limited by how much heat it can handle.

I haven't folded in linux in a long time do I am not up to date if you can run the gpu in linux. Hopefully someone can answer this soon.

I am of course folding for Adak too.

It was a real surprise to hear he passed on when I felt he was just stepping back a little temporarily from the hectic CC leadership he always worked so hard at! I was so enjoying his company here all the time, really going to miss him, especially during Chimp Challenge this year !!!

I am pretty touched by the strong turnout of people both folding for the 1st time and others coming from other Teams to help fold in Adak's honour to help send him off in the style he deserves <3

equinox, no - 10 WU's is a requirement per username. That's similar to single person folding on 3 clients - he has to return 10 wu's overall and not per each client.
Anyway the bonus points for Adak's username are already given.

Don't worry - it will be going up a lot more. I know I am only now getting my systems configured (so they will return their first units later today).

Look down in the task bar beside the clock. There should be a folding icon there. Right click and select Advanced. A window should come up showing all the details and you can configure everything there.

That's the thing: There is no try icon....

It's irritating to say the least. F@H is the most useful thing my CPU can do and I can't even get it going yet.

And the tray icon only appears if I rename "sample-config.xml" in the appdata FAH folder to config.xml. Even then it gets stuck at "updating"

I'm trying older versions now.

I switched over my main rig this morning. Adak was a friend that I did not know. I'm proud to honor him in even a small way.

Just got my Folding fired up too and running under Adak's name. Very good turn-out for this memorial event. We had something like this for a beloved member over at EVGA a year or so ago. It really meant a lot to his family when they saw what people had done to honor him. Hoping that this too will help in that same way for Adak's family. :grouphug:

Just a heads up: I got FAH 7.1.52 installed, and I'm folding just fine now :)

Wonder why the newest version wouldn't work? :shrug:

I feel bad. This is something I should have done when He was still around. To show Him the thanks and gratitude I have for him.

Maybe Firewall or some other form of protection preventing communication with the FAH Servers? Just a thought...

Nope. Both were off during FAH installation and when it was running.

Installing FAH 7.1.52 solved it :thup:

Message For Adak:

Well old friend, you have done it! I have done my best to fight you off for years now! Now you have enlisted apparently hundreds to do your work for you. What you couldn't do in life, you are doing by passing on.:eh?:

You'll pass me in a day or so you old fox! You had to pull one last stunt at the end. Always the crafty one with a good plan! I only wish you were here to see it. All these good folks acting as one...Just as you planned it! :borg:

Don't expect me to wave when you go by...I'll only shed a tear 'cause I miss you:rain:.. You get the last laugh! Well done Adak. Well done!

Don't get too comfortable, I'll be in your rear view mirror now, and I'll see you again at the end of it.
Best Regards
Dave

Last edited:
Back