• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldathon - Adak to the stars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whaler_99 here from LinusTechTips - thanks to The_Cultie for letting me know. Will get a folder running in his name later today and will post this up onto our Forum!

For Adak!

Message For Adak:

Well old friend, you have done it! I have done my best to fight you off for years now! Now you have enlisted apparently hundreds to do your work for you. What you couldn't do in life, you are doing by passing on.

:salute: might have felt a wet cheek or two myself.

I am so proud to see so many folders from far and wide, pulling together to celebrate a man who cared!
It really adds to my faith in mankind.

Thank you all !!

Last edited:
Just wanted you to know I downloaded the latest version last night and it is working.

Folding at the moment and am on 7.3.6

I didn't know Adak but hope his family is doing alright and am in for a few days.

Just set it up myself, seems to be banging along.

Yep up and running.

:comp:

Think Ill get the other two computers on it :p

*edit* and done added the I7 920 and the Q9650 to it, all three going to town :)

Last edited:
:salute: might have felt a wet cheek or two myself.

I am so proud to see so many folders from far and wide, pulling together to celebrate a man who cared!
It really adds to my faith in mankind.

Thank you all !!

You just said it perfectly. I never thought it would be going so well on the first day.

The true spirit of what Adak believed in is on display today.

At the request of Dean, I will be gathering up all the messages left for Adak here and in other threads across the internet and putting them together so that he can pass them on to Adak's family. I will start this process later on today as there are a LOT of messages.

Fold on everyone :salute:

Message For Adak:
Well old friend, you have done it! I have done my best to fight you off for years now! Now you have enlisted apparently hundreds to do your work for you. What you couldn't do in life, you are doing by passing on....

dfonda, that's beautiful. Perfect.

I think think you are all great for doing such a wonderful job passing on adaks message of folding and sending his family all the positive messages that people around the world are leaving.

Keep up the good work.

It's been a while.. :D

3.6ghz of Westmere up for this 24/7 :thup:

I'm in :comp:

They are good chips, got mine cranked up to 4GHz :)
I find mine produces the best results folding on 10 cores. Pulling about 23k PPD right now on WU 8575

- about a year back I could get up to 75k PPD on a great rewarding WU, more commonly 50k, where the average was about 30k PPD. Definitely getting harder to earn Points on CPUs these days where I seem to avg more like 20k PPD, still important though of course.

Adak and I traded many messages on the FoldingForum and saw things similarly on many topics. I will miss him.

This is my first post on this forum. I have been a member of the "0" Default team since I started folding in 2009, mainly because I never felt a compelling need to join any team. However, that changed with the effort to honor Adak. Today I joined team 32 in his memory.

I will be adding 2.6 million ppd using 19 GPUs and 9 SMP systems for at least the period of the foldathon.

Adak and I traded many messages on the FoldingForum and saw things similarly on many topics. I will miss him.

This is my first post on this forum. I have been a member of the "0" Default team since I started folding in 2009, mainly because I never felt a compelling need to join any team. However, that changed with the effort to honor Adak. Today I joined team 32 in his memory.

I will be adding 2.6 million ppd using 19 GPUs and 9 SMP systems for at least the period of the foldathon.
:welcome:

:salute:

Last edited:

Great you could join us and I'm glad you got the message. I tried posting over there about it, but being that I had 0 posts my post had to be reviewed and was rejected because of forum rules.

Regardless, thank you for joining in.

One last thing: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: at your setup!!

Back