• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foldathon - To Honor Adak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've already switched 2 machines over. I will honor the good man that he was with all the PC power that I can.

Not even sure there'd be a Rosie team here at OCF if it weren't for Adak.
I'll get the CPU switched over tomorrow, and start crunching on my GPU as well.

Apparently.
I just wish I could figure out how to get a GPU client up and running in V7. It just kind of sits there in the control panel with a message "Paused, waiting for idle". I'd really like to keep my CPU on Rosie and give my GPU up for F@H; been thinking of doing that for a while anyway.
Damn, I used to have this machine all set up and flagged and running SMP and GPU consoles, and I was so proud of myself because I figured it out all by myself. It's all quite different now in the years since I've been running Rosie.

Apparently.
I just wish I could figure out how to get a GPU client up and running in V7. It just kind of sits there in the control panel with a message "Paused, waiting for idle". I'd really like to keep my CPU on Rosie and give my GPU up for F@H; been thinking of doing that for a while anyway.
Damn, I used to have this machine all set up and flagged and running SMP and GPU consoles, and I was so proud of myself because I figured it out all by myself. It's all quite different now in the years since I've been running Rosie.

I found V7 was very easy to setup and run this time but that was CPU only.

I found V7 was very easy to setup and run this time but that was CPU only.

Easy to set up, yes.
Easy to get a GPU client up and running, not so much. But maybe I'm missing something. It certainly seems that v7 has a BOINC influence to it, much more intuitive to install and get up and running on your CPU.

WHAT! is this an all Western Canadian affair?

I just ruined it lol :p

I'm curious as to why F@H 7.1.52 only sees my 6850 and not my 270x?

The 270x is in the actual Pcie 16x slot, and the 6850 is in my modded Pcie 1x slot.

I will be sticking with The Foldathon until Adak starts to lose points. I want to be a part of making Him the #1 points producer in the world,

It's all the same cause, just a different party.

Sorry, thought you were just hanging onto XP or something awhile back, my bad.

lol, you must be thinking of my "Triple boot DOS+3.1 '98 and Neptune" thread :p

I'm folding for Adak till Sunday I think, then I'll get my own username folding.
I think Adak will be the #1 folder soon, just gotta keep folding! :thup:

lol, you must be thinking of my "Triple boot DOS+3.1 '98 and Neptune" thread :p

I'm folding for Adak till Sunday I think, then I'll get my own username folding.
I think Adak will be the #1 folder soon, just gotta keep folding! :thup:

I'm petty sure Adak has been #1 for a day or so now.

Back