• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sim Racing Game Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So Thid got F1 2013 Classic on this weekend's Steam deal.
He did pretty well in the 2013 cars, but wasn't digging hard enough in the 80s/90s stuff ;)

Three and a half hours later, he was much faster than at the start!
If any of you want to get in on some F1 runs, add me on Steam (I think you can guess my username), and I'll PM you when we go to run!

The 80s/90s cars are so much more fun to drive than the new ones. Not quite as easy, but more fun.

I'll add you up. I seem to be having the same problem with this game as I do with most racing games, where a large portion of people are notably slower than me and a small portion are notably faster, with no one quite on my pace. :(

Added thid too. Lets get some racan' in tonight. :D

Not sure if I can race tonight, but I'm up for OCF racins.

Added thid too. Lets get some racan' in tonight. :D

Depending on when UPS shows up I might be installing hardware, but we usually run something (F1, Dirt, or iRacing mainly) at least a couple of times a week.

I don't think starting people on Dirt would be the best of plans unless it is just us.

Hilariously fun though.

I don't think starting people on Dirt would be the best of plans unless it is just us.

Hilariously fun though.

Hehe we would start them with you, me, and Matt most likely.

Gets kind of rough on the other side :cool:

I might join you guys, I like F1 a lot. Didn't care for Dirt to much. I still have to try iRacing, been told by everyone here it's one of the top dogs.

I might join you guys, I like F1 a lot. Didn't care for Dirt to much. I still have to try iRacing, been told by everyone here it's one of the top dogs.

We welcome more people for F1 :)

Don't get on iRacing expecting to be the fastest guy out there, or that you'll be competitive your first race.
It takes a lot of time, patience, and practice to be good on there.

If you do join up, PM one of us and let us know so we can get a referral.

I hated iracing tbh. Just didn't feel right.

Live For Speed on the otherhand was fantastic, but I'm pretty sure the online community is much, much more barren than iracing.

Also F1 2013 is still arcade-y as heck, but boy is it fun. :thup:

I hated iracing tbh. Just didn't feel right.

Live For Speed on the otherhand was fantastic, but I'm pretty sure the online community is much, much more barren than iracing.

Also F1 2013 is still arcade-y as heck, but boy is it fun. :thup:

What didn't feel "right" about it?

F1 definitely has the feel of a game that has way less accurate physics than it actually does.

You belong, and so does your wallet :thup:

You're evil. :D

Has anyone seen a way to adapt hand controls to one of these wheels? I have a G27 that was given to me, so I'd like to see if I can adapt as seen here. Basically the way it works is if you pull back on the lever to the left of the steering wheel, it'll push down on the gas pedal. Pushing forward would press the brake pedal. There's a local shop that'll do it for actual cars but that costs upwards of 1k.

You're evil. :D

Has anyone seen a way to adapt hand controls to one of these wheels? I have a G27 that was given to me, so I'd like to see if I can adapt as seen here. Basically the way it works is if you pull back on the lever to the left of the steering wheel, it'll push down on the gas pedal. Pushing forward would press the brake pedal. There's a local shop that'll do it for actual cars but that costs upwards of 1k.

Ah shoot, I know a guy that uses that, I'll have to find his name later when I'm not at work.

Its Aaron something...

Ah shoot, I know a guy that uses that, I'll have to find his name later when I'm not at work.

Its Aaron something...

That'd be great. My main hurdle preventing me from getting into racing sims is that I can't drive with my feet. If I try, it's fast or crash.

Bingo. Both Forza and GT are arcade racers, not sims.

They're both fun and great games and I like the career and car upgrading, unfortunately no PC racing game are as comparable to Forza and GT- NFS: Shift 2 is about as close as it can get and it has HORRIBLE input lag (EA admits it's an engine thing and a dinput.dll mod partially fixes it). Right now I'm playing between F1 2013, GTR2 and Assetto Corsa, none of the mods for rFactor 1 & 2 are that satisfying but the Le Mans mod for GTR2 is sweet.

Figured I would put these here.
The new shifter, wheel mount, and shifter mount arrived from Fanatec today :D

First up, the table clamp for the wheel!
IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Then the shifter mount.
IMG_0164.JPG

Then the shifter with the H-Pattern knob.
IMG_0165.JPG

And with the Sequential knob.
IMG_0168.JPG

And with my custom-made knob. I'm going to have dad re-thread it and use it instead of the Fanatec knobs.
IMG_0173.JPG

Everything mounted up!
IMG_0174.JPG

Now that the pictures are done, this shifter feels phenomenal.
It has a satisfying "thunk" when you hit the next gear in H-Pattern, and lots of resistance in Sequential.

The shift resistance is adjustable, and you swap from H-Pattern to Sequential at the throw of a switch.

Back