• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

13-12 AMD drivers break Far Cry 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

With my 6970, Windoze 7 home premium, the AMD 12.13 drivers break Far Cry 1.04 -- especially when running FarCry-d3d11.exe. I reverted to the 3-13 drivers and everything worked.

I should say I meant the drivers dated from December 2013, which I thought were the latest. I only "upgraded" to these drivers because battlefield 4 told me to.

13.12 are the latest WHQL drivers from AMD...there is 14.1 beta as well...(I changed your thread title to reflect accurately :))

Just an FYI, that in AMD drivers, the first number is the year, the second is the version. ;)

Also, what do you mean by 'broken'? I am a little confused if this was an information thread or a help thread...

Last edited:
If I run Far Cry 3 w/the December, 2013 drivers (13.12), the game locks up when running it w/the FarCry-d3d11.exe and intermittently minimizes itself (i.e. switches to the desktop w/the game running). I can't imagine AMD tests their drivers w/the 6970 anymore.

Try the newer betas...

You are selecting your type of card when getting the drivers right? Sometimes, like for very old cards, the latest driver for it is not the newest...

Back