• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3570k... Upgraded gpu.... Few questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yaiie

Hello overclockers,

I've had great results with my 3570... My 7970 coupled with the 3570 complemented each other nicely. I recently upgraded to a 780 and I was wondering if upgrading the gpu but not the cpu could hurt gaming performance? Do games use a lot of cpu?

I was messing around with bf4 last night testing out my new card the average cpu usage was in the mid sixties... Fps were coasting around 100 on ultra preset with aa off.

Say bf4 were to use 100% cpu and you wanted to open a program but your cpu is capped would your computer allocate some cpu from bf4 freeing up space to open the new program?

Some games seem to stress cpu and barely touch gpu?

I honestly have no idea how CPUs work I've spent about an hour today just reading up trying to educate myself. Confusing !!

Lastly do you think the 3570/780 combo will be able to keep up with new gen games for the next few year(s)?

Thank you

3570K is a perfrect match for that GPU... and will be fine for a couple of years easily, sure.

You're fine. Some games that are more CPU dependent won't like the 3570, but the majority of games will run like butter.

Back