• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering my korean wqhd x star monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got this message from dream-seller today...

Hi, We are really sorry for all the inconveniences.

I totally understand you are upset with us, I am deeply sorry for that.
Unfortunately almost half of the monitors we have received from the manufacture were defected ones,
there has been continuous back-and-forth process.
Therefore we only could ship out few monitors a day, there has been a long cue waiting for our monitors.
Your monitor will be shipped within this week according to our tech.
If you are not happy with that we will immediately cancel and refund for you.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you could kindly understand.
We always try our best to send out the best quality products as well as best service to our buyers.
Our customer's satisfactory means everything to us.
We will continuously improve our service for better business.

Thank you"

I explained to him my concern and asked for my Monitor to be double check (yeah right) for quality.

I'm not canceling my transaction I'm confident if I get a bad monitor he will replace it without question..If not I have proof where he admits quality control issues and ebay will decide in my favor.
Also I paid 279.. The same listing is now 319..so I purchased right on time.. I am relieved he is aware of the low quality monitors and is taking his time to contact me and make sure every on it or meets his companies standards.

Will keep this updated and take pictures whenever monitor arrives.

Just checked tracking number and package has an "anticipated" ship date of friday March 14th .

Delivery date of Wednesday.

Much longer than the march 12 -March 14th estimated ship date on ebay when I first ordered. .. oh well. .. If patience is a virtue, I'll get a good monitor!

From the seller
Hi thank you for the message.

I totally understand you are upset with us, I am deeply sorry for that.
Recently almost half of the monitors we have received from the manufacture were defected ones, there has been continuous back-and-forth process.
Therefore we only could ship out few monitors a day, there has been a short cue waiting for our monitors.

Your monitor will be shipped within a day, we beg for your understanding.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you could kindly understand.
We always try our best to send out the best quality products as well as best service to our buyers.
Our customer's satisfactory means everything to us. We will continuously improve our service for better business.

Thank you

Basically same message as before except says short cue. And monitor will ship tomorrow.

This seller is pretty good with communication and seems he is filling orders in order

GL again with someone selling monitors coming in with an almost 50% fail rate before they ever ship.

Last edited:
That better ?

Lol thanks. But yeah..I've seen tons of people with good things to say about the seller...I've seen negative as well..but the positives have seemed to outweigh negatives.

I'm not too concerned I have ebay and PayPal on my side.
Plus I used my credit card and it has all kinds of back up protection.

In reality he could have NOT notified me of quality control issues and been shady, instead he was honest.

I'm hoping the quality issue has made him cracked Down on quality for the ones he decides to ship to the buyer...

Thanks for the gl lol

To me, it seems the REseller cares about his customers if he takes the time to notify his buyers that half his shipment is defective. That tells me they too are also doing QC prior to shipping out the products. I think you ll have a good chance at getting a decent monitor Anthony, at least up to 5 dead pixels or none if lucky.

To me, it seems the REseller cares about his customers if he takes the time to notify his buyers that half his shipment is defective. That tells me they too are also doing QC prior to shipping out the products. I think you ll have a good chance at getting a decent monitor Anthony, at least up to 5 dead pixels or none if lucky.

I agree. It shows he actually DOES DO some sort of quality check. Which in my opinion is promising. I'll accept a few dead pixels. I'm not sure what will bother me more..dead pixel or back light bleed.

Checked and the package has shipped dream-seller kept his word.

picture.php

I've tried twice ordering a monitor from dream-seller and both times it was a joke. Both times showed plenty in stock and after 2 weeks of no confirmation or tracking info I contacted him and I was told the same thing you were. Defective monitors from the manufacturer and to be patient. After a month I told him to refund funds, he eventually did but the whole ordeal was too sketchy for me after receiving the same treatment twice. I feel for you if you have to return it if it's defective. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Yikes!

That sounds like a terrible situation.

I knew going into this whole thing there was risk involved. I've tried to be optimistic for the most part. He has been true to his word(my monitor did ship within the week and friday) And besides the delay hasn't been a pain.

The optimistic side in me values him taking time and inspecting monitors which is apparent from his emails. I'll let you know how my monitor is when it gets here. ..Thanks for the luck

I placed my order on Friday from storewithstory, we shall see how it goes.

Mine hasn't updated yet but it's Monday 11am in Korea so I suspect it will be updated in 12 hours or so whenever it gets to the states and passes customs.

Passing good vibes your way for a quality panel mate! :)

Mine hasn't updated yet but it's Monday 11am in Korea so I suspect it will be updated in 12 hours or so whenever it gets to the states and passes customs.

Passing good vibes your way for a quality panel mate! :)

Thanks, same to you, how long did it take to ship for you? I know since it was Friday for me, that it might not show till later today, tonight or later if they are one of the sellers with delay issues.

Thanks, same to you, how long did it take to ship for you? I know since it was Friday for me, that it might not show till later today, tonight or later if they are one of the sellers with delay issues.

I ordered Sunday and it didn't ship until friday...I was told because of bad quality panels that were shipped backed. I asked dreamseller to check mine extra for quality lol... says it will be here wednesday...so 4 days after the delay(delay was 5 days).... not bad from Korea. I just hope I get a good one :)

Mine has shipped, never had anything coming from DHL.

Mines on a plane right now.. says in transit from incheon korea. Should be in Alaska some point today. I'll be amazed if it gets from alaska to ohio in 2 days

Mines on a plane right now.. says in transit from incheon korea. Should be in Alaska some point today. I'll be amazed if it gets from alaska to ohio in 2 days

The race is on, mine says its in Ohio also, already been given a release by customs.

Back