• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering my korean wqhd x star monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im not sure im happy with my HP just would be nice to be able to OC it .But i dont game much on my PC anymore anyway.Im debating on going back to single video card also since like i said i dont game much anymore except for steam games

Windows looks amazing at 96hz. .everything scrolls smoothly even the mouse looks ultra smooth. Videos seem to be smoother although most are 24-30 fps so I'm not sure if they actually are...

24 fps videos will look better at 72/96/120hz than they do at 60hz since you wont get that jitter from trying to sync 24fps with 60 refreshes per second. From a non gaming standpoint, 120 is the ideal refresh because its the first common denominator for 24 and 30fps media, at least for ntsc, since pal is 25fps if i recall correctly.

24 fps videos will look better at 72/96/120hz than they do at 60hz since you wont get that jitter from trying to sync 24fps with 60 refreshes per second. From a non gaming standpoint, 120 is the ideal refresh because its the first common denominator for 24 and 30fps media, at least for ntsc, since pal is 25fps if i recall correctly.

Thank you! Very informative!

Well, it looks like my luck turned around with this guy. Monitor shipped and if it doesn't get stuck at customs I should have it Wednesday! :thup:

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 129
Well, it looks like my luck turned around with this guy. Monitor shipped and if it doesn't get stuck at customs I should have it Wednesday! :thup:

Fedex might take their time updating tracking number after customs. That was the case with my monitor. So if it seems like it's in customs for a couple days it's probably closer.

I've noticed this thread has been getting a bunch of views, anyone have any questions or want to see more pictures?

Fedex might take their time updating tracking number after customs. That was the case with my monitor. So if it seems like it's in customs for a couple days it's probably closer.

It already cleared customs and headed my way! Very nice, can't wait to try this monitor out. :thup:

Attachments

• SS.jpg
    SS.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 117
Got the monitor today, it's got one stuck pixel right in the center. The stand is ridiculous so I'll be buying a new stand. It does look really nice (except for the glowing green dot), BF4 looks awesome! I'm planning on buying a dual monitor stand and within a month or so and another monitor.

Got the monitor today, it's got one stuck pixel right in the center. The stand is ridiculous so I'll be buying a new stand. It does look really nice (except for the glowing green dot), BF4 looks awesome! I'm planning on buying a dual monitor stand and within a month or so and another monitor.

Sound just like mine except my pixel is red and a little off center. There are many different ways to fix a stuck pixel, unfortunately none worked for mine. Doesn't bother me much the quality is much more worth it.

Use Google and make it run at 96hz. You would be amazed how smooth it makes things!

Sound just like mine except my pixel is red and a little off center. There are many different ways to fix a stuck pixel, unfortunately none worked for mine. Doesn't bother me much the quality is much more worth it.

Use Google and make it run at 96hz. You would be amazed how smooth it makes things!

Mine is a little above center, I'm trying a few things right now but if it doesn't work I'm still happy with my purchase. Thanks again for posting this thread, I will be purchasing another sometime soon. :thup:

Mine is a little above center, I'm trying a few things right now but if it doesn't work I'm still happy with my purchase. Thanks again for posting this thread, I will be purchasing another sometime soon. :thup:

Agreed! I'm still satisfied forsure. I assume your pixel is like mine and you can't see it when playing a game or watching a movie unless it's a dark screen and you still have to look around for it ....

Agreed! I'm still satisfied forsure. I assume your pixel is like mine and you can't see it when playing a game or watching a movie unless it's a dark screen and you still have to look around for it ....

Yes, that's exactly how mine is. Very small green dot visibly with black background only. Can't see it at all while gaming. I'm hoping to order another one the end of the month.

Ordered my second monitor last week so I'll let you know how I make out with this one. It was shipped the same day I ordered it and it was cheaper this time so sales must be slowing for him right now. Paid $299.00 with free shipping and it will be here Wednesday. I ordered it Friday so that pretty good from Korea!! :thup: I also ordered my dual monitor stand as well, that will also be here Wednesday. :D

Ordered my second monitor last week so I'll let you know how I make out with this one. It was shipped the same day I ordered it and it was cheaper this time so sales must be slowing for him right now. Paid $299.00 with free shipping and it will be here Wednesday. I ordered it Friday so that pretty good from Korea!! :thup: I also ordered my dual monitor stand as well, that will also be here Wednesday. :D

You will be satisifed! It blows me away every time I sit in front of it!

Does anyone know how to take these necks off the monitors?

I've heard qnix you have to take off bezel. BUT I've heard if you wiggle the X star stub it will come loose easily.
I would take them off the monitor stand first though

Back