• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering my korean wqhd x star monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anthonyg45157

Gonna order from dream-seller as he seems to be the most used... they have an xstar matte model for 279$ right now with free shipping.

What can I expect...I currently play on a 47 inch 1080p tv. The ppi is terrible lol.

I already know it's risky in terms of quality. .could get 1-5 dead pixels out of nearly 4 million..I'm okay with that and minor light bleed..Also realize the stand is garbage, if it's bothersome I'll buy a different vesa stand.

I'm pretty excited honestly, playing on a 47 inch tv from 3 feet away sucks!

Btw I have a gtx 780 at 1320mhz core to push this thing

Edit: ordered

Last edited:
Im debating on ordering one right now but then i saw this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009554

cant make up my mind

I also game on a 40 inch TV (1080p) with my xbox 360 and sometimes my PC.

I looked at one of those screens too. You just don't get the extra height 1440p gives ya.

I don't have any consoles and I'm actually selling my 47 inch 1080 p tv arrives.

Edit: I'm not sure if ALL games support 2560x1080 resolution. I'm sure most of the popular ones do... I think I read somewhere people had issues but don't hold me to it.

Last edited:
Seems a lot of games do, but I haven't been gaming a lot lately.

Many people don't seem to like the 2560X1080, but once I got used to it I like it actually.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...55-227502-F012A00C324145C0A00324145C84A01A0A0

But got it pretty cheap around Thanksgiving, was less than $400 ATT, I think around 350 Id have to look it up.

:salute:

*edit* nah, it was $399 at the time, but I like it.

http://www.neweggflash.com/product/N82E16824260115

So was it worth it or should i get the Xstar at 2560x1440.My eyes arent what they used to be another reason im considering the 2560x1080.But 120 HZ would be nice to

Your call really I guess, but I like the 2560X1080 personally.

I'd hate to steer someone wrong, but I believe they even respond a bit faster than a 2560X1440 as less pixels to push. But depends on the hardware too I guess.

Might go to a retail and just look at the difference in them I guess if possible and they have both.

Everything I've read about the 1440 says they look great, I was researching them at the time, but might be a bit feature light and a bit flimsy from what I'd read on the Korean ones.

It is a Samsung, so there is that I guess.

I think IPS is supposed to be bit better, some one will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

Last edited:
Your call really I guess, but I like the 2560X1080 personally.

I'd hate to steer someone wrong, but I believe they even respond a bit faster than a 2560X1440 as less pixels to push. But depends on the hardware too I guess.

Might go to a retail and just look at the difference in them I guess if possible and they have both.

Everything I've read about the 1440 says they look great, I was researching them at the time, but might be a bit feature light and a bit flimsy from what I'd read on the Korean ones.

It is a Samsung, so there is that I guess.

I think IPS is supposed to be bit better, some one will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.
Im still deciding.I should be ok with either monitor with my two Evga GTX 670 FTW's 2GB.Wish they were 4GB but i think 2GB is more than enough for my needs

From what I've read pls is superior. BUT ips has truer image color. Pls is more vibrant and has less motion blur. Also I believe the samsung panels overclock better than the lg ips panels. This is all from reading various places.. seems for every person that believes ips is superior there is someone who believes pls is better. From what I've gather more people prefer cheap pls korean panels.

OK I was just in you're same spot about 4 months back and I went with the Dell att I guess as was on sale cheap and I'm pretty happy with it.

Things change so fast, the 4K's will be around soon I guess.

Maybe even holding off a bit and getting one of the smaller ones of those might be nice even, but I imagine the smallest ones will even carry a pretty hefty pricetag.

:salute:

I still want a projector myself on the side, but the 747i still works well and the wife would shoot me if I went that route atm he he.

Kinda nice having the baby on the side watching a movie while web surfing and folding, I'll get one yet :)

Attachments

• 00000.mpls(ING_BASTERDS_G52)_20140309_171624.937.jpg
    00000.mpls(ING_BASTERDS_G52)_20140309_171624.937.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I still dont know what to do.Now im looking at 30 inch 2560x1600 for about $100 2560x1440.com

I ordered from ebay..I'll report back with pictures when my monitor gets here..I paid 279...

Should be here Friday or Monday at latest. Says on or before March 17th

Back