• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ordering my korean wqhd x star monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've heard qnix you have to take off bezel. BUT I've heard if you wiggle the X star stub it will come loose easily.
I would take them off the monitor stand first though

I can't get the neck to pop off mine, and I put some elbow into it. I'd like to get rid of it, though, since I'm using a VESA mount.

I can't get the neck to pop off mine, and I put some elbow into it. I'd like to get rid of it, though, since I'm using a VESA mount.

You'll have to do some looking around different forums.. I remember reading the X star was easier to remove with force rather than qnix. I would probably be too worried about hurting the monitor using force. It would probably be easier to take the bezel off and remove the stub. Do some googling and you should have it removed in no time.

I just got them off, what I did was rock it back and forth (The opposite direction of it's swivel) until it started coming out a little then used a screw driver to pry it out. But the second one popped off pretty easy, but Anthony is right; much easier if you take them off the stand.

Attachments

• 20140510_163153.jpg
    20140510_163153.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 104
I just got them off, what I did was rock it back and forth (The opposite direction of it's swivel) until it started coming out a little then used a screw driver to pry it out. But the second one popped off pretty easy, but Anthony is right; much easier if you take them off the stand.

Thanks for confirmation and explaining better in detail, I'm still using stock stand since I move my build around alot(lan parties)

Thanks! Giving it a second try this morning.

Placing an order for one tomorrow! One of dream-seller's listing says extra $30 off in the sub title, I sent him a question how this works. Assuming it is a partial refund for the $30 it will bring the cost down to $270!

What's the quality control look like on these. It seems like a gamble. I guess 1 or 2 dead pixels doesn't really make the big of a difference when you have nearly 4 million of them, but this monitor really does interest me and it's between this and the QNIX. Any word on how they are performing after a few months of use?

Mine still works flawlessly at 96hz. Using asus color profile now. I have one stuck red pixel still. Can see on solid black screen. However if you're sucked into a game you won't see it I promise. I paid 279 and I couldn't be happier. Order one.

Back