• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon SII: Crazy Cat March Madness 720p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This benchmark is generally not repetable. Every couple of runs there is one +/- 10% better or worse result. Without any reason you can see higher scores on lower clocked cards/cpus.
Also at higher gpu clocks you start benchmark with 30 seconds+ black screen when sometimes FPS is high but sometimes low.

this one is on single GTX780
1114136.jpg

What is weird ... hwbot removed validation links from submissions and now my 2x GTX780 result has no screenshot and no link.. I wonder when someone report it ... ( at least in submission history there is info it was submitted from catzilla site ).

Sorry I know I'm late for converse about this maybe, but a question if I may?

This was a Luck +10% run you managed? Can I ask what the average score was at these clocks before you got the jump of score please?

-10%. If there was a 10% increase, a 10% decrease will put ya in the ballpark.

I scored 22.3k with an overclocked 780 with cpu at 4.2ghz. That was one run, so no idea if that was high or what. Hope that helps!

-10%. If there was a 10% increase, a 10% decrease will put ya in the ballpark.

I scored 22.3k with an overclocked 780 with cpu at 4.2ghz. That was one run, so no idea if that was high or what. Hope that helps!

Depends on the Gpu clocks, but yes, it sounds accurate for 1200mhz core clocks.

Sorry I know I'm late for converse about this maybe, but a question if I may?

This was a Luck +10% run you managed? Can I ask what the average score was at these clocks before you got the jump of score please?

That was normal run but I already saw 30k+ ( blue screened before I made screenshot ). Every couple of runs I had results near ~26k on the same settings.
There is actually 1 better, older result in hwbot database made on 13xx core clock so I bet that score also depends from benchmark version and maybe couple of other things.
Simply results are not consistent and good benchmark should be repeatable. This is pretty bad benchmark if you wish to compare hardware's performance.

I was also checking higher gpu clocks on 4 cores, 6 cores and 6 cores with HT. Clocks 4.2-5.2GHz and almost no differences in total score even though there were big changes in physics score.
I guess physics score can help if you have slow graphics card but not really if you run on something like GTX780 or R9 290.

here is result on 500MHz lower CPU clock and ~20MHz lower GPU clock - 300 points difference so it's like nothing:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2495097_woomack_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_780_28925_marks/

Last edited:
That was normal run but I already saw 30k+ ( blue screened before I made screenshot ). Every couple of runs I had results near ~26k on the same settings.
There is actually 1 better, older result in hwbot database made on 13xx core clock so I bet that score also depends from benchmark version and maybe couple of other things.
Simply results are not consistent and good benchmark should be repeatable. This is pretty bad benchmark if you wish to compare hardware's performance.

I was also checking higher gpu clocks on 4 cores, 6 cores and 6 cores with HT. Clocks 4.2-5.2GHz and almost no differences in total score even though there were big changes in physics score.
I guess physics score can help if you have slow graphics card but not really if you run on something like GTX780 or R9 290.

here is result on 500MHz lower CPU clock and ~20MHz lower GPU clock - 300 points difference so it's like nothing:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2495097_woomack_catzilla___720p_geforce_gtx_780_28925_marks/
My thought on the CPU mattering a bit more is with high end SLI/CFx... being such a low res and all. I am surprised that we are not seeing more with high end single cards honestly...

I hope to be able to test that soon...

This benchmark has recommendations. It mentioned something about memory to me. I haven't been able to replicate the suggestion. Something to do with Page File being too large maybe.....

Any ways, thought I'd share that note with you guys, see what you think.

Having trouble getting over 20K for some reason. Cpu/Gpu clocks don't seem to matter. What seems to make a difference from time to time is a system restart.

Hope to have a screen shot soon. Still trying to get a grip on this benchmark.

I saw these runs where chilled. Very nice Woomack! And thanks for the quick compare. I think (from the looks of it) the first large portion of this benchmark accounts for like 90% of the total score.

My Physx (cpu) score doesn't ever change.... except when running different ram speeds. But I'm talking big jumps. I noticed this after a clearing of cmos on a bad OC. Forgot to bump the ram back up to 1000mhz and was running Cas 9 at 666mhz instead. The score didn't change much as you had mentioned, but I did see lower frame rates running the Cpu physx. Everything else looked to be GPU dependent.

1st sorry for the multi posts....

Just went to run the benchmark some more. An update.

V1.11 is now available, going to DL and try this with the new NV drivers and see how it all pans out.

EDIT:

Here's a first run newest NV driver and V1.11 Catzilla 3770K @ 4.6ghz Mem @ 1000mhz effective -

21875 pts.

There is a picture of a car behind the browser window. That's right, none other than Kit. Yep, Knight Rider. Was my favorite and still is.

Nice. It looks like the benchmark is stable and responds well to overclocking like it should (GPU) where the last version and previous NV drivers didn't seem to play nice and the overclocks where not making the progress they should have been.

This is Cpu same speed 3770K @ 4.6ghz 780 @ 1100mhz and a 50mhz bump in GPU Ram speed as well.

Score now is 23909 pnts.

Attachments

• 780 CatZilla 720P stock V1.11 II.png
    780 CatZilla 720P stock V1.11 II.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 780 CatZilla 720P 1100mhz V1.11 II.png
    780 CatZilla 720P 1100mhz V1.11 II.png
    444.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Shrimp other then the slight bump in memory on the Gpu what did you do differently between the 2 runs?

Ajay57 / GTX 780 TI / SINGLE / AIR / 26955.

Snap 2014-03-12 at 19.10.20.jpg

Thanks SB just Loaded the new version and got a bump in score, also i noticed it did a Refresh during the Install!!

Regards,

AJ.

Ajay57 / GTX 780 TI / SLI / AIR / 34897.

Snap 2014-03-12 at 19.54.32.jpg

It seems to help me, but the scores do jump about and vary a lot!

AJ.

Shrimp other then the slight bump in memory on the Gpu what did you do differently between the 2 runs?

Was a 50mhz memory bump and 100mhz Gpu bump. Turned off auto-LOD from NVInspector and let it fly.

What ever they did with the updates between Catzilla and the NV drivers, it worked out very nicely.

MetalRacer | GTX 580 | Single | Air | 13227

http://hwbot.org/submission/2514232_
Capture131.jpg

Just waiting for the Jiccman to flash up the Titans and let them loose lol!! Then we will see some scores on the doors buddy!!

AJ.

What did i say it makes my 34,000 look sick Jicc, compared to these Flashed Titans of yours!!! :eh?: :rain:

Back