• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD64 and GTX-460 - best Lunatics Linux apps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HankB

I'm starting up SETI after not having run it for a while. I did run Lunatics optimized Linux apps but I don't recall having choices back then. (Doesn't mean they were not there, just that I do not recall... ;) )

The processor supports sse, sse2 and sse4a. (AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820)

Code:
fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr [B]sse sse2[/B] ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm [B]sse4a misalignsse[/B] 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt hw_pstate npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save

I see there are both Multibeam and Astropulse apps available. Can/should I make both available? I'm thinking that if WUs are not available for one, BOINC/SETI may be able to provide WUs for the other.

I have an Asus GTX-460 with a GB of RAM. Last time I looked, the only way to OC was to update the firmware. No Linux OC utility. Still the case? (I guess I should google that before someone posts something like this :p ) It looks like there are both Astropulse and Multibeam apps for an NVIDIA GPU as well. Can (and should) I try to install and configure both?

Any other tips for configuring these for maximum throughput?

I'm assuming that I'll boost throughput with the custom apps. That was true back then. Is it still the case?

thanks,
hank

Back