• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 270x confuses me. I think that I see two 280x and a 7970.

That's definitely going to be a problem for me. We'll see what I can do.

the 270x's make 60k ppd and they are test cards. each of the i5 3570 machines are going to get one as time and finances allow. they work during the day and fold when idle. cheap cards that seem to hold up well for the dual purpose I subject them too. there are 2 now. there are 2 280x's in my main rig at home and a 7970 in my 8 core amd work rig. we'll see in a few days how I shake out. lots of moving equipment right now.

I'll concede the loss when it happens but it won't be without a fight. Game on!

Now to plan my strategy.

I've loaded Ubuntu onto my new folding machine. I'm in very new waters for me with Linux so.....

I'm working with a seller to see if I can get three 280x's but I may be a long way out from getting those. I'll also need to get a power supply that can handle three cards.

I finally figuired out how to set up HFM to monitor my clients . Now i need to figuire out how to make both at home and work monitors web accesible. This is getting really addictive. :p

Bad news (for you). I found an awesome deal on a kilo watt Seasonic 80+ Gold power supply. I did not anticipate buying one so soon but the price was too good at ~ $120. I still need to get video cards and a working knowledge of Ubuntu.

Even more bad news (for you). I just made a deal for three 280x's. It may take a week or so for me to get them. Then you're only saving grace will be my inability to use Linux.

This will be my last machine to add to the fold. If you can catch me, you can pass me. I've hit my absolute top limit. The wife has been kind to me to this point but she will really frown if I do any more. I can't have that.

let the battle begin, I should be back above you ppd wise by tomorrow or maybe tonight yet. I hope! finishing up 2 gaming machines that are sold so that means im gonna have to try and keep pace with you. couple more gpu's soooooooon. You Shall Not Pass!!!!!!
:snipe::cheers:

Should equinox be worried?

IMG_20150123_173649.jpg

The answer is yes. That orange shag carpet that you see in the background is original to the house. It's about 40-50 years old. Not only is it dried out and out of style, but the padding has flattened out too. This makes walking on this carpet hard on the feet. You can feel the solid German built framing and sub-floor with a hard pulsing shock on each step. It's bad for skeletal health in the feet, knees and back and should therefore be replaced.

In the forground are just the new cards I got to fold with. I've already started to install them into the Fold.

:comp::facepalm:

lost a power supply this morning, that means im down 2 gpu folders for the week as im out of town and cant fix it till next weekend. nows your chance to bump me back down.

I told you, if you slow down just a little, I will take advantage. Game on sir!

I love your priorities! Seems legit! Kaboom! :clap:

There are two rooms in the house with the original flooring. Since life keeps taking different turns and what not......

We currently have this as an office. We had planned to turn it back in to a guest room however, now we have our first grand baby on the way. So it may become a guestroom/nursery or something. As we go back and forth, the type of flooring we want changes. Until we pull the trigger, shag in the office it is. :) I feel like I should smoke some weed or have a swingers party or something. Its just wierd. A lava lamp would probably go well with that carpet. Get rid of the door and put beads in the doorway? Na. We are good wholesome folks.

if the kids are out of the house, shag where you want.
but take a picture of how you are adding all these cards in a rig, my little bee wants everything in a case and the most i can figure i can fit in a case is 3 in each case.

that's what I'm trying to figure out!!!!!
the 1600 watt psu from oklahoma wolf arrived today.
oh and the count, as of today?
hd7970, 2
280x, 2
770sc, 1
760oc, 2
hd 290, 2

I have two dedicated folding rigs with three cards each. 6 x R9-280x
I have a server machine with one card. 7970
My gaming rig has two Nvidia cards. GTX 770 & 660Ti

In total. 6 x R9-280. 1 x 7970. 1x GTX 770. 1 x GTX 660Ti.
In reserve. 1 x GTX 560Ti. 1 x 460 1GB

I'm doing my "shake-down" run today on the new folding rig. We'll see how it goes.

I have 14.9 driver and folding 17 cores. When I left for work the FAH client predicted about 10k ppd with a 2 hour TPF. This is very very low. I hope to see better numbers when I get home.

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Back