• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
equinox. Buddy. I am sooooo..... sorry for this. I have new gear coming in to push my numbers higher yet. I could get close to 2 million ppd. I know I promised that I could go no higher than am I right now. I'm sorry. On the plus side, if my wife catches on, I may need a place to crash and being that you live just across the lake......

Just kidding. This was another one of those "I just fell into it" deals. I have 4 x r9-280x to go with my low end opty and high end MB. I'm gonna guess around 1.8 - 1.9 million ppd total. Plus I'm selling all of my Nvidia gaming cards and will replace those with two more 280x's.

I've recouped about 2 million on you in total points. Only 98 million more points to catch you.

Jesus Don! You got bit by the folding bug hard :D I'm completely jelly (am I using that right? lol)

Yeah. Perfect storm. Bills are all paid. Upped my retirement contribution (again), big money projects are done, etc.

Then add to that, old parts laying around, parts donated or sold very cheaply and the R9-280x's make killer points and with the end of coin mining their price is low and.....

When this farm begins to fail or age significantly, I may not be able to keep it up. I'll take what I can for now.

My production will suffer for a bit before it gets better. I just sold off all of my Nvidia cards to help pay for all of the AMD cards I have coming in. Since my Nvidia cards are on my main rig/gaming rig, the affect will be minimized but will reduce my PPD all the same.

Hey buddy. I know you've been down and out for a bit, and I hate to kick while you're down but.....

I'm only catching up slightly on overall points. I think that I still have 95 million more to catch you. With that in mind, I took two cards out of production and replaced them with one R9-280x. My ppd is the same. There was about a week without that card and my ppd suffered.

Now here's the part that I feel bad about. I'm beginning to finish a mega build. I have built this from mostly used parts. I have an ASUS P6T7 WS MB with 8 slots for video. I have an inexpensive Xeon. I have a minimum amount of RAM and a huge 1200w 80+ gold PSU. I have an R9-280x and two HD 7970's to install after I get new fans for them and then the ppd will be rolling in.

Now remember, as I do, that this is all due to your kind nudging after I initially gave you some junk when I almost passed you up just over a year ago. Your friendship, team spirit, good nature and competitive spirit was just what I needed to do this up.

Don

keep up the awesome job, don't worry though. im not finished yet. in the process of reloading a number of machines and installing new power supplies. next is video cards.

I just added another 7970 to the fold. I have two more to go in eventually. I should be able to hit about 1.1 to 1.2 mil ppd during the week and 900k when I'm gaming on the weekends. Unfortunately, I'm finding that keeping my farm going is more work than anticipated. I often find a machine or two has gone down for several days at a time before I get them back up.

Just letting you know that I haven't forgotten you. :) Fold on!

I don't know when you will get your stage two going but....

I have an HD 7990 that just arrived. I will put it in my main rig and move the R9-280c and HD 7970 to the farm. I also just bought two more HD 7970's that will go straight into the farm. Hopefully this adds another 400k to my ppd. Right now I'm at about 9 months to catch you. This should push that forward a bit.

Good luck to ya.

OK. Time to resurrect a dead thread. Looks like I will catch you within a weeks time.

In one year and one day, I finally matched your point total.

Back