• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

equinox! Challange accepted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I made such a bad rookie mistake that I'm not even going to own up to it. Needless to say, as of last night, I got all of my r9-280x/7970's running at full speed. It will be a day or two yet before my true ppd comes out but I'm gonna be very close to matching your points. Also, my 660 Ti just came back from RMA. I haven't even opened the box yet. Hopefully by this weekend I can get it put in to production.

Look out equinox, I'm finally picking up steam.

Cant you see the_cultie how it works. What was at first a passing comment from don256us turns into a respectful little tug or nudge. He nudges me ,i nudge him. Now we might just have to nudge you. As he said he is about to zip past you so we are giving you a nudge. See the snow ball effect here. Team 32 gains . And we get to enjoy a thread that has carried on a lot longer than i expected but i am enjoying it none the less. Anyone else want a nudge? :cheers:

NO SOUP FOR YOU! NEXT! :p

I had a setback today and I didn't even notice right away. Apparently the house lost power this morning. When I got home everything looked fine. It wasn't until I went to change clothes that I saw my clock was blinking. I checked all of my machines and they were down. The folding beast came up right away but my server rig with a 7970 did not want to start up. It did after some work.

I took the opportunity to remove the 560Ti from my gaming rig and replace it with the 660Ti that came back from RMA. Should be a small boost in ppd.

See , now Macaholic is giving me a nudge. Got a little too close and almost passed him up. Thats ok for now but can you maintain for the long haul? I can and maybe i will add a bit more to boot.

Aaaaahhhhh crap...... You guys are killing me. It's a good thing that my kids are grown and gone or they'd starve. Time to start thinking of my next upgrade.

If you have to think, you've already lost the war. :p

I disagree. I just have to plan properly for the best allocation of my resources to get the best chance I have at smashing those in front of me. :)

Well it appears staying in the top 10 ppd is going to take a lot more effort. Now Hayesk has made his presence felt and Macaholic is tearing it up . Good to see team32 get a bit more lively.

No! No you don't. I do have some inexpensive hardware comming to get more out of what I have but you don't need to keep moving the bar.

Now you're in for it equinox! My small parts came in.

IMG_20141222_190327[1].jpg

This will take care of this little problem.

AfterBurner.jpg

My ppd will go up buddy. You're only saving grace will be that because I'm on vacation and have few projects around the house, my gaming rig doesn't fold much during the waking hours.

I never thought it could happen but this time I really comming for ya. You'd better duck or get out of the way. WOOT!

:clap: good, now you wont melt those shiney new cards. Remember those 18 pc's with i5 3570's folding smp wu's right now? well they all have a pcie x16 slot also. Guess its time to add some gpu's. Lets see what santa brings.

:clap: good, now you wont melt those shiney new cards. Remember those 18 pc's with i5 3570's folding smp wu's right now? well they all have a pcie x16 slot also. Guess its time to add some gpu's. Lets see what santa brings.

Wait. What now? 18 whosits what? Who in the daylight is funding you?!

�� i fund me, or rather my hobbies do. That and a very understanding wife. Lets take it up a notch shall we.

Well. I can't even come close to that. 18 machines ready to take video cards. You must own the shop and not just work there. Fold on Brother but I'm about maxed out.

I still have a GTX 460 1GB to put in but then I'm holding steady for a long time to come.

You've set the bar high and for that I'm greatful.

Here is a screenshot of the same machine after running all night. As you will see, much better.

Folding after.jpg

Card 1 is still throttling some but I don't think that its temp related any more.

Back