• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1600Pro 512mb Vmod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keny

Need help in modding this card, i cant find a guide anywhere on line and the layout of the card is different to all the others shown on line(its a palit), there are three chips that look like voltage controllers and i don't know which one controls what:confused:

Controller on back

CB46AB4B-7C89-46D9-8626-41076142308C_zps9zkz95qo.jpg

controllers on front

046ECFE4-8C62-4A8C-8281-84B5DDD42143_zps5tvgvtjt.jpg

Any input appreciated:thup::thup:

keny do you have pictures of the hole card front and back

I would start by taking voltage readings of the mosef's and caps around each controller VGPU should be around 1.3 volts and VMEM should be around 2.0 volts

Just the back, as I took pics earlier today and there on my photobucket so its all I got right now, the front is only interesting where I showed in the previous pic, I'm out and about right now so can't take any readings, I'm thinking the two front controllers are vGPU and vMem but not 100%

52BFFF3D-3B8A-47EA-8E85-636CB0A26710_zps0siw39vs.jpg

this is for 128mb card so check ohms to fb to gnd for the right VR might not be the same for your card

Attachments

• 13_palit_x1600pro_128mb_pci-e_vgpu-mod.jpg
    13_palit_x1600pro_128mb_pci-e_vgpu-mod.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 14_palit_x1600pro_128mb_pci-e_vmem-mod.jpg
    14_palit_x1600pro_128mb_pci-e_vmem-mod.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Cheers mate, the part numbers don't match to my card :mad: I'm pretty sure the top controller on the front of the card is vGPU and the only other controller that resembles the one you show for vMem is on the back of the card :-/ I will check readings tomorrow after I finish work tonight and hopefully come up with a definitive answer

That 8 leg controller will be there on the front of your card:D most memory are only 8 leg IC's and the one on the back is not it. Your right that the top controller is for the GPU

The vast majority of the 14pin and 8pin controllers are pin compatible or close to it.
Look for a pin that has two (or more) resistors attached to it, one to GND and one to GPU VCC.

Measure resistance from FB pin to GND and add a VR 10x to 20x the number. ~15x is idea.

The vast majority of the 14pin and 8pin controllers are pin compatible or close to it.
Look for a pin that has two (or more) resistors attached to it, one to GND and one to GPU VCC.

Measure resistance from FB pin to GND and add a VR 10x to 20x the number. ~15x is idea.

Where have you been?????

I got this sorted the other day, googled the pin out and its correct as per quicks image:thup:

I need you input on another project Ed, I'm trying to zombie my pi with a gpu power section but reading the zombie thread on KPC has hot my head mashed, as there zombie'ing (if that's even a word) to another gpu which is confusing to say the least, I was going to buy a epower but I have a load of gpu's that may as well get put to use.

My advice is to buy an ePower. Much easier, much better IMO.
The zombie routine is complicated by various factors, I've never actually done it.

Back