• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just looked interesting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So in the CBS CEOs own words, the government would give this other company permission to steal their content.

That they broadcast.

Over the air.

For free.

What I want to know is this - I have a Diamond tuner card that I have an antenna for...somewhere. It's been a while since I've used it, but I believe it also lets me record content. Not well, but it's OK when it works. I don't want to go too deep into the legality of it due to forum rules, but if I decided to toss the recordings onto my NAS and stream it to my PS3 or HTPC, how is this different? Are the companies getting pissed because this company, Aereo, is charging?

I'm not aware of a TV tuner card being illegal. I own a ceton infinitv4 that allows me to record shows.

I'm not aware of a TV tuner card being illegal. I own a ceton infinitv4 that allows me to record shows.

Oh, I knew that much, I've never heard of a cable company trying to get them off the mark :D

I was just curious about what's the difference between me doing that and putting them on my my NAS, maybe something like a private web server that only I can access and then watching them on my tablet vs. doing it through Aereo, since they're making such a big deal about it.

Back