• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Debug cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would say it depends on the price.

It is pretty much the same thing on ASRock/msi boards.. have you ever used one? They just display the message and then you lookup the problem in the little book it gives you. The one you showed looked more fancy, but I did not look closely at it.

I am just fine with installing a speaker, listen for the number of beeps, and google. As all companies have the interpretations, i.e 2 long beeps, 2 short = memory error..

Plus, what if the computer is not able to boot and recognize the pci devices (your debug tool) then your tool can't even function..

This is just my opinion, but I have never liked the ones I have tried.

Its the same as any other board with a deug LED on it... (which more than MSI/Asrock boards have, note).

Its the same as any other board with a deug LED on it... (which more than MSI/Asrock boards have, note).

My Biostar boards have them, The MSI and Gigabyte don't. To be honest I have never given them a minutes notice on the Biostar boards and have always gone through the regular process to find an issue (Always seems to be a i D 10 t error between chair and keyboard).

I was more curious if anyone even really considered or used them to diagnose an issue.

Back