• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attempting to OC my 4670k, could use some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyllan

So like the title suggests I am trying to OC my 4670k but ive run into some issues.. It will not get past windows screen without BSOD unless its at 1.31v or higher, I am currently running 4.4 @ 1.34v, from everything ive read, that shouldnt be the case.. This is my first time and I have read most of the guides around here but my windows wont even boot if im running over 4.0 and not at roughly 1.26+ so any help would be awesome!

I have a Z87-A Asus Motherboard, i5 4670k, Hyper 212 Evo, Hyper X Beast (1.65) 1866 Ram. I am not running XMP.

Perhaps you have a below average CPU for overclocking. It happens.

That said, what is the stock load voltage on your CPU?

CPU-z is showing me Core Voltage of 1.194v

When I was in BIOS it showed 1.072 Core Volts and 1.728 CPU Input Voltage (not sure if those mean much to you)

1.19v is on the higher end of things for stock voltage. For example, my 4770K 1.05v load at stock speeds...

Alright so that means I have a relatively weaker chip im guessing. So does that mean it may not actually be possible to find a stable 4.4/4.5mhz clock?

Last edited:
Its possible with the right amount of voltage and cooling, sure. What that is though, is something you will have to find with trial and error.

Back