• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Service Pack 4 custom ISO with all post-SP3 updates included

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should starve your dad and take away the remote. Anybody who can afford a modern OS yet insists on using XP should be beaten to within an inch of their lives. Tell your dad I said so.
:D :thup:

slapSuperNade.gif

:rofl:

Last edited:
Tons of reasons to still use XP.
Most important, doesn't require PERMISSION to copy a folder from another hard drive.

I back up computers all the time, usually after they are hosed. Nothing is easier than dragging the My Documents directory to another drive, then wipe and reload the target drive, and re-copy the My Documents directory. Vista/Win 7 / Win 8 all want PERMISSION to access every file....much easier on XP.

Tons of reasons to still use XP.
Most important, doesn't require PERMISSION to copy a folder from another hard drive.

I back up computers all the time, usually after they are hosed. Nothing is easier than dragging the My Documents directory to another drive, then wipe and reload the target drive, and re-copy the My Documents directory. Vista/Win 7 / Win 8 all want PERMISSION to access every file....much easier on XP.

How do you have the drive mapped?
My network drives don't ask permission on Win7, 8, or 8.1....

myststix, start a thread to help you get rid of those permission prompts, people here will help you do it...

Whoever was making the unofficial Service Pack 4 ISO abandoned the project due to time constraints and said they were going to get back to it this summer [read:never :D]

It would be nice to have an all inclusive final Windows XP ISO as of today...

I was wrong - they continued the work and have released a Beta version! :
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10321

Aww sweet! :D

I might try this, but it'll take forever to download because I'm throttled right now :-/

I will download this once this updated release they talk about is actually released.

This is awesome! :)

Yea, if anyone reads the thread, can you post what's wrong with the current "final" release - why did they say a new fixed "final" will be released soon?

Also, this should probably be somewhere in there, is this a post SP3 double click install SP4 or can it be integrated into a single WinXP SP4 all-inclusive ISO?
And finally, I am guessing SP4 includes only patches up to the last day of support earlier this year or did they include patches released in the last few months for the Point Of Sale Windows XP machines, which as we know, do apply to all Windows XP machines?

I suppose I will register over there and ask all this unless someone is pursing this and can post here the answers to those questions.

harhaz said:
Windows XP Unofficial SP4 ENU is a cumulative update rollup for Windows XP (x86) English. It can be applied to a live Windows XP system which has SP1, at minimum, installed or it can be slipstreamed (integrated) in any Windows XP installation media.

:thup:
So yes, you can double click install it as long as you at least have SP1, and this can be slipstreamed into any XP ISO.

Slipstreaming is great. That's great. And what does he have included in there, updates as of what, April End of Life or is he including patches after April 2014?

Slipstreaming is great. That's great. And what does he have included in there, updates as of what, April End of Life or is he including patches after April 2014?

The latest version of the SP4 includes the POS reg hack :thup:
Updates till 2019. sweeeeeet :p

They just finished version 2 of the Windows XP Service Pack 4
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10321

So whatever the reasons were to hold off after v1 came out... I am guessing they ironed them out?
I think this thing is done now, there really is a (custom) Service Pack 4 now.

I still didn't read the entire thread over there to figure out if it includes the latest patches too or just the pre-April2014 patches?

Of course, but the collection itself then includes updates up to April 2014, that's what's inside v2 download? ....or did he include any post April 2014 updates too?

I did see a repository for post April 2014 updates on that Google download page. I just grabbed the v2 version and will allow POS to deal with the rest. As the updates accumulate, I'm sure they will be included in the most recent repositories.

Around 09 I installed Windows 7 on an Athlon XP, not even a good one. Probably 1.7 GHz or so, 512 MB RAM.

Didn't do a whole lot of multi tasking, but was totally fine for web browsing at the time, pidgin, playing MP3s / videos. Single tasking I wouldn't have even called it slow.

Also have run 7 on a Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz with 2 GB ram. Power house. (not even being sarcastic, until you did some real "work" it was fast and ran Doom 3 great)

A slipstream CD is an excellent idea! XP may be old and out dated, but ever try to find NT4 drivers? Or try to get newer software to run on Windows 2000 and run into a snag? XP is the new, old, OS.... if that makes any sense. And I know I'll be using it for years and years to come... So a time saving slipstream makes plenty of sense.

Yea. I actually don't go beyond Service Pack 2 on really old machines on which security is not of utmost importance. I felt like SP3 made them just a tad bit slower...

But I definitely plan on dual booting Windows 10 with fully updated Windows XP SP4+ on my main machine...

So I started looking into the links and
1. Service Pack 4 goes to April 2014 End Of Life point but they do post SEPARATE monthly downloads May 2014 to Present...
2. Slipstreaming can only be done on media which has SP1 slipstreamed already. There may be some confusion about that, but *both* updating of existing WinXP installs and integration itself has to be done on installs which already have SP1 and media which already has SP1 integrated. I'm about to go through the slipstream process myself... will post line by line instructions.

Back