• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headset for music/gaming $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukestrothman

I'm only trying to spend about 100$ I've had 5.1s and audio technicas over the years, even the beyerdyanmic dt990s but those have come and gone , I need something new what's best for about 100$? I know most 5.1s quality is garbage and I prefer something with a mic.

I considered a refurb astro a50 for 200$ straight from astro but wasn't sure how those performed.

Any input would be appreciated

Klipsch Image S4, but the Klipsch Image S3 is almost as good for only $20 on sale.

Just saw this, was going to suggest the G930, but you already found something.

Just saw this, was going to suggest the G930, but you already found something.

Thanks, :) I appreciate the thought. My bro has the 930 and it is nice, but sometimes it disconnects and hisses and meh :( I'm more about audio quality then my games so I decided to go a bit nicer of a route.

Appreciate the input anyway.

Thanks, :) I appreciate the thought. My bro has the 930 and it is nice, but sometimes it disconnects and hisses and meh :( I'm more about audio quality then my games so I decided to go a bit nicer of a route.

Appreciate the input anyway.

Ah, the key to that is getting away from your router :)

Weird, I'll give it a shot, funny thing too because my brother sits about 5 ft from our primary AP in our home....

Very nice choice, the DT990 is an excellent set. I still have a pair of DT990 Prem 600ohm that I use strictly for fps gaming, cannot say enough wonderful things about them in regards to audio quality.

The G930 would be better if it were in the $70 range, as the audio quality is kinda meh...

Weird, I'll give it a shot, funny thing too because my brother sits about 5 ft from our primary AP in our home....

That would absolutely destroy the connection.

I knew it was 2.4 interference because my microwave will do the same thing, just to a much worse extent.

But I can talk from downstairs in the garage to people over TeamSpeak now :D

Very nice choice, the DT990 is an excellent set. I still have a pair of DT990 Prem 600ohm that I use strictly for fps gaming, cannot say enough wonderful things about them in regards to audio quality.

The G930 would be better if it were in the $70 range, as the audio quality is kinda meh...

:thup::thup::thup: Good!

That would absolutely destroy the connection.

I knew it was 2.4 interference because my microwave will do the same thing, just to a much worse extent.

But I can talk from downstairs in the garage to people over TeamSpeak now :D

:bday:lol

Modern Bluetooth and Wifi chipsets are designed to coexist with each other. Some 802.11n APs allow you to disable Bluetooth coexistence, make sure it's not disabled in your case.

Modern Bluetooth and Wifi chipsets are designed to coexist with each other. Some 802.11n APs allow you to disable Bluetooth coexistence, make sure it's not disabled in your case.

How does this even apply?

Back