• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bitcoin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

anyone here mine bitcoin?

Was thinking of doing it to help pay for the power I use to fold.

anyone here mine bitcoin?

Was thinking of doing it to help pay for the power I use to fold.

Well, it currently requires specialized hardware to mine bitcoin profitably as the difficulty is too high to use GPUs or CPUs. However there are other coins that can currently be mined profitably with GPUs.

That is what I'm working on at the moment.

Come on over to the Cryptocurrency sub-forum and we'll get you set up.

Seems extremely complicated and not very "standard user" or "casual" friendly. dozens of "pools" hundreds of pages of info to go through, dozens of coins, mass confusion on security, and actually what its doing.

I've read everything from "you're helping china make nukes to blow up south Korea" to "its just doing random crap to turn computer number crunching into digital currency."

Seems extremely complicated and not very "standard user" or "casual" friendly. dozens of "pools" hundreds of pages of info to go through, dozens of coins, mass confusion on security, and actually what its doing.

I've read everything from "you're helping china make nukes to blow up south Korea" to "its just doing random crap to turn computer number crunching into digital currency."

You really need to just start by asking in Cryptosection.

Back when i first tried mining, was about 10months ago, its a big learning curv, but if your an advanced user with know how in hardward use/monitoring (temps and such) and have the patians to learn CGminer, then its not all that bad.

A lof of people have figured it, its not that bad at the end of the day :)

Well, there is a bit of a learning curve as others have mentioned, but start a thread in the cryptocurrency area and list your hardware and we'll walk you through getting set up.

Back