• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help this poor linux admin figure out MS Office crap...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

I'm a Linux systems admin, and I loath (I mean you have no idea the depth at which I hate microsoft. I'd rather watch a pitbull rape a kitten than use anything from microsoft...:sly:) sorry bout that horrible mind image there.

ANYWAY! I'm at a client who has a mac and a MS office 2013 key. I can't find anywhere (legit) to download Office 2013 pro for mac. Everything wants me to spend 200+ bucks on this Frankenstein of stolen software technologies. :bang head:mad::eek:

I'm really sorry. Dont want to start a fight, just wanna get this mac set up for my customer =)

Anyway Rock on you incredible people. I HONESTLY revere you all for your Jedi-Master-God levels of patience for taking the time to learn this stuff.
:attn:

Assuming that will work. Though it is telling me the key is invalid. Do you think that there is a difference between a key for Mac office and PC office?

Welp, it didn't work, but thanks. They say they have a key for office 2013 pro for mac. But when I enter it in, I get the message that the key is invalid.

Im readin that office 2013 is not available on mac. Going to DL and try this key with office 2011

Im readin that office 2013 is not available on mac. Going to DL and try this key with office 2011

Have you tried just calling Microsoft support? Their technical support is generally pretty good. (It's their billing department who don't seem to know what they're doing, ime). I had an issue with getting an install licenced once, called them up and they did it over the phone pretty quickly.

And I'm also a GNU/Linux person, btw. But it doesn't have to be one or the other. I've been using GNU/Linux for over a decade but I still really like MS Office and Windows 7/8.

Unfortunately, Office 2011 is the latest version currently available for Macs. Various sites have rumored that MS will release Office 2014 for Mac later this year but at the moment there is nothing concrete. Product keys are not interchangeable between Mac and Windows versions of Office.

Back