• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Over $1200 now. ($1221 on my ticker)

Aren't we getting into all-time high territory again?

I believe we already pushed past that. But part of me remembers something like 1296 or something from a few years ago

Any word on why it's going up lately?

Last time I looked it was below $900 per coin, then when I looked last week it was just over $1100 per coin, now yesterday it was $1274 per coin.

Still don't know if it's actually worth mining again at this price point though, somehow I doubt it as ASIC miners (the better one's) are quite expensive usually.

Bitcoin · $1,960.45 USD was $800 in January
Ethereum · $114.61 USD was $10 in January
Litecoin · $27.66 USD was $3.80 in January
Monero · $30.38 USD was $2 in January

I honestly don't know what is driving this... anyone have any thoughts? In reality, Bitcoin seems to be in a rough spot, transactions are taking longer than ever, there's over 1 billion dollars waiting to be transferred on the blockchain at all times and no one can agree on which method to use to solve the problem.

and im just here riding the wave on xrp at 35 cents each lol they were 5 cents a couple weeks ago. imo poeple are seeing it more and more and just want some to "invest".

2800 today, and its killing me. lol its really hurting alt coins

Boy does my foot taste good... nom nom nom...

I cannot believe these prices... wow. i think I still have ~1/3 of a coin left I need to check... haha!

Word around the net as of this morning is that this could be the peak - we could see it fall as low as 1470.

If the US Securities and Exchange Commission decide to stay with its original decision on ETF then the price will tumble again imo.

On the other hand I'm reading stuff that says it could hit 6k by the end of the year.

Okay, what's driving this up? Anyone know?

Heard one rumor that the initial drive above $1200 was related to buying going on in China, but hadn't heard anything since then.

Really didn't think the price would hit this level, I figured $1500 max based upon the previous high of around $1300 IIRC. Kind of wish I had bought some bitcoin at some point when it was much cheaper, now. Hindsight is great.

https://www.wired.com/2016/04/senates-draft-encryption-bill-privacy-nightmare/

This is happening currently. Probably scaring some people into dumping what they've got to save profit. It will most likely rebound, they have only tried to kill it over and over again the last 6 years or so with it rebounding after the fact.

Edit: Link above is relevant, but not what I actually meant to post.

This is: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text

In other words, they are still going on the offensive on all fronts possible to try and crush this. It just shows they truly do not understand the Internet or any of the technology involved.

Last edited:
Back