• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Real trading, you won't learn any from btc or altcoins.
You need a demo account with a forex broker if you were interested in learning.
I reccomend fxopen.com, you can fund it with btc and they offer a free demo acct, and meta trader 4 software, which is the standard. (I also have all the goodies you'd need to trade succesfully, heck, even automate it a bit)

- - - Updated - - -

I reccomend fxopen.com, you can fund it with btc and they offer a free demo acct, and meta trader 4 software, which is the standard. (I also have all the goodies you'd need to trade succesfully, heck, even automate it a bit)

I'll get to that point eventually. It always was my plan to get into the stock market around this point in my life. I don't think I'm comfortable enough yet to start now though.

Right now, I'm just seeing if I can replenish my XMR holdings entirely through trading. Didn't do as well as I could have over the last few days, but I'm up. That's something, I guess.

With the prices being where they are, I decided to sell off a little over 2 BTC and hold onto about 1.5, figured I may as well cash out a little bit to back-pay for some of the power bills and such.

Well, it'll continue to go down...there's no kind of buy support from strong players anymore. I'd sell everything and stay in cash.
Sorry for my double posts, haven't figured that out, been really busy and stressed and I have my pc in a somewhat functional Debian install, which I'm not 100% comfortable with.
Hope everyone has a great new year btw, cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it'll continue to go down...there's no kind of buy support from strong players anymore. I'd sell everything and stay in cash.
Sorry for my double posts, haven't figured that out, been really busy and stressed and I have my pc in a somewhat functional Debian install, which I'm not 100% comfortable with.
Hope everyone has a great new year btw, cheers!

Ugghh.

I was thinking of mining for 2 weeks straight to hold some coin, but this is discouraging. :(

Is today the beginning of the end?? Some serious money being lost today, is there anything major behind it or do you think it may be a combination of factors and people have decided it is the time to get out?

H

I feel like if I was going to sell, I should've done it a while ago, might as well keep holding on... right?

I still have about 1.5btc to my name to hold onto just in case something monstrous happens. I don't have my hopes up, but oh well.

I feel like if I was going to sell, I should've done it a while ago, might as well keep holding on... right?

That's my logic, too. Not selling a thing while the price is this low. Instead, I'm going to keep mining and trading just in case it ever turns around. If it doesn't, I'll have lost nothing as long as my power's free.

OK Wolf buddy im gonna send you all of my 280x's and have you mine for me lol and we split the coin hows that sound lol

also where are yall mining at i was on tmb until they shut down and then i just completely stopped

OK Wolf buddy im gonna send you all of my 280x's and have you mine for me lol and we split the coin hows that sound lol

Sounds like a good way for my free power to suddenly end when someone sees how much more of it I need :p

I'm all set to add another 20A 115V circuit when needed, but I'm officially done buying hardware until things turn around. I may never buy hardware again, especially if I can make some real headway trading.

if shipping wasnt so expensive to you id send them all up there and hope that the mining would pay for the shipping costs lol

The reasoning is BTC can function at any price, mining inflation doesn't change, yet nothing new came out to change people's perception of BTC.
Once the mining is banished, then price can start to revover, but there is really no fundamental basis behind that assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

The reasoning is BTC can function at any price, mining inflation doesn't change, yet nothing new came out to change people's perception of BTC.
Once the mining is banished, then price can start to revover, but there is really no fundamental basis behind that assumption.

Back