• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wish I could afford to buy in right now. As is, I'm broke so I'll just have to sit and watch while hopefully the price of XMR goes up too. Then maybe I can do some trading from there.

I did sell before the BTC price bottomed out, so I could have made money if it weren't for all those "bill" things.

It's a time to be in cash, honestly. Once the whole up and down drama ends and we bottom out, with ridiculous volume at all exchanges, and MASS panic. That's your buy signal.

Wait for the double bottom.
It'll painfully and slowly go to 400-440 now, then back down swiftly to 266-286.
After that happens and everyone and their mother panics and sells, it'll start going up fast to hit higher highs than the 1200 ATH.

Up to over $395 in 6 days.

Would you call that a double bottom and think we are going up in a good way now? Are you buying in yet Ivan?

Check your prices guys. It has been a long time since we have seen a day like this.

Looking good, wish there was more reason behind these trends other than whales being whales

I'm sure this question has been answered a million times, but one more couldn't hurt.

Why is it that the more BTC gets recognized as a viable currency the lower the value seems to get? Maybe it's not related at all, but I would think it would become more valued

Bitcoin exchange rate changes according to the change in the US inflation rate and money supply as well as the market size of the bitcoin economy as measured by the total number of transactions and total Bitcoin value of the transactions.
Im not sure that the US inflation rate and money supply really has much to do with things. Its not used in the economy/market enough for those factors to do much. If those were big factors, the currency would generally be more stable instead of trending down for the last 9 months.

Agreed with ED, it's trending slowly and painfully down, because there are no real buyers.
No strong hands pushing price up, and miners selling and selling as they create new coins.
It'll go down and hit 90 usd in a couple of months (if it doesn't rally and hit 462 before then).

https://www.tradingview.com/v/2peGxVcR/

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed with ED, it's trending slowly and painfully down, because there are no real buyers.
No strong hands pushing price up, and miners selling and selling as they create new coins.
It'll go down and hit 90 usd in a couple of months (if it doesn't rally and hit 462 before then).

I hadn't even realized that mcxnow was gone. Did he take everyone's money? The new coming site name seems like a poke in the eye to everyone... I wouldn't ever trust it.

I've been telling everyone and their mother to sell since we were over 400...even before that, if you browse through my early tradingview.com charts.

I've been nailing every prediction here btw: https://www.tradingview.com/v/2peGxVcR/

See the comments section. BTC is doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been telling everyone and their mother to sell since we were over 400...even before that, if you browse through my early tradingview.com charts.

I've been nailing every prediction here btw: https://www.tradingview.com/v/2peGxVcR/

I'm not really holding enough of anything to matter much in the grand scheme of things. Almost all my money's in the mining hardware.

At this point, I figure the coins I have are worth more as a training aid for my trading education. I'm not going to go play with real money until I know I can do it successfully.

Back