• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you have btc, consider selling if we reach 247 and cross down....if we stay above 300 and reach 367, watch to see what prices does. if it dives, and doesn't go over 367 again, then sell. If it does cross above, hold and sell at 440. Never go all in.
That's the game plan I'm reccomending.

I never said it was random. I was stating it's like weather forecasting which is identifying patterns and predicting the most probable course.

I'm just really glad I sold my coins as I mined them otherwise I would have mined for a big loss.

Definitely...there're statistical edges favoring the forecasts, that's as good as it can get.
I sold mine early on, price was still above 400, then I mined and sold my last batch at okcoin at 380 I believe, if my memory serves me right. Then decided it would continue to fall and never bought back in.

We breached support at 247, the uptrend is now invalidated.
If we fall further we will hit 222.15 by March 31, which is a potential reversal level.
Price will most likely rebound briefly for a couple of days before continuing further down, fulfilling my longer term 86-124-150 forecast.
If not, it'll reverse from 222. It's a key level. Price spent a lot of time there, an area of accepted value, fair price.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/fjSwi7Tt/

I predict X will happen. If X happens, I was right. If X doesn't happen then it wont happen and I was wrong. In which case, I was right about being wrong.

You know what, I'm fed up with people who know nothing about trading making fun of me.
It's really hard to give reccomendations to people, because this is a dynamic thought process, game theory, which you have to apply to trade profitably.
I'm managing a pretty considerably sized trading account for clients, with a 70% hit rate, making 1.1 of what I lose in the process, so I know for a fact that what I do works.
It's hard to **** me off, but you just did...
If you want to see, I can show you my stats.
Until then, go make fun of someone else, because I'm out.

You win some you lose some guys.

It's not Ivan's fault.
BTC is way to unpredictable, any advice should be thought thoroughly before moving ahead with it. I thought we all knew this about things like Bitcoin.

Don't forget about the 'Unsubscribe' button if never want to read about BTC's price again.

You win some you lose some guys.

It's not Ivan's fault.
BTC is way to unpredictable, any advice should be thought thoroughly before moving ahead with it. I thought we all knew this about things like Bitcoin.

Don't forget about the 'Unsubscribe' button if never want to read about BTC's price again.

Hmm, my predictions have been rock solid...

And you guys gave me crap for em ;)

Ill just sit here with my "i told you so" shirt on haha

My further prediction, following gold again....

Bitcoin will rise in value this year, to around 380-400 over the next few months.

Hmm, my predictions have been rock solid...

And you guys gave me crap for em ;)

Ill just sit here with my "i told you so" shirt on haha

My further prediction, following gold again....

Bitcoin will rise in value this year, to around 380-400 over the next few months.

Well time will tell :)
Hopefully it does rebound up, it'll be good for everyone.

Bob,

Price did go down, but not for the reason mentioned (people stopped mining). ASIC mining is still profitable, but you have a couple of months before that prediction's term comes to an end. Keep your fingers crossed! :)

On an unrelated note, there is a reason I don't go to tarot card readers!

I didn't lose anything. I sold everything off and stopped mining in early 2014 once the price really started to drop.

If you're hoping that BTC will reach heights like it did... well... good luck with that. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm inclined to believe that the "predictions" certain people are posting publicly, and the predictions they use for their own personal trading/gain are two TOTALLY different things. I'll give you a hint, the BTC crowd is far too gullible and easily manipulated for the gain of a small few. Convince a bunch of people that X is going to happen, they all start to trade hoping/expecting that, which causes the opposite effect, and the guy feeding you this BS is trading the other way to exploit it.

you're either the guy taking, or you're the guy getting taken.

Everyone's responsible for their own money...trading should be treated like any business venture, people approach it like gambling.
I'm still managing my client's fund, trading forex profitably.
62% hits, making the same I lose, so slow but steady progress.
I use a methodology that has proven itself, which I learned from a hedge fund manager who I paid for lessons.
Everyone can learn, problem is few are willing to spend the time (and money) associated with it, or posess the psychological traits needed for managing risk without going crazy/getting greedy/scared.
Giving suggestions is not fast enough to be accurate I've come to realize so I'll hesitate to do so here.
You can watch my charts at tradingview.com though.
Bitcoin seems to have one swing lower before a sideways move, and then more down.
As you say, there's little chance that it recovers, but you can trade it short if you want using bitfinex or other margin trading sites.

I have a buy reccomendation for Bitcoin, holding time is a month or two at least.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/5jEOt5qS-BTCUSD-Potential-rally-ahead/

The chart is for Bitstamp. Idea is buying Bitcoin now, risking it can depreciate 9% (if it hits 219 you'd have to exit since the forecast would be invalid) but with potential upside of 30 to 62%.

Price for entry is 244-46, or any dip as long as above 232.08. (Bitstamp quotes)

I'll take this one, probability of hitting 30% gains is 65%, of hitting 62% 50/50.

Well, it has got up a bit. $265 just now.

Means I've got almost $50, and it only took me 6 months to mine it.

Back