• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin exchange rate discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Sheesh! Down below $550 USD today. Any news that might be driving it?

I'm thinking about cashing out some to pay bills, but I'm hoping it will recover a bit before i do so.

Thinking the same thing Torin. Is it the news about the taxing?

Thinking the same thing Torin. Is it the news about the taxing?

That is the only reason I can see.

Perhaps people are afraid that the IRS are well aware of Bitcoin now, so they get scared?

That's my explanation.

I saw the falling btc price this morning. If it was the IRS announcements, I would expect that to have started showing up yesterday or the day before. There is some disturbance in the BTC force though.

I saw the falling btc price this morning. If it was the IRS announcements, I would expect that to have started showing up yesterday or the day before. There is some disturbance in the BTC force though.

The force is not strong with this one :p

$534 USD... :(
Dropped ~ $20 since 8 am today... :(

It's been in a slump for a while, I still think it's below cost if it's under 600-650. I really think it should be closer to 800...

I think this is a settling point personally... $800 value is WAY too high...

Although I agree that 800 is to high, with the current prices, @ 500kh/s, the power cost is almost not worth it, it's more than 50% of what I mine. Thats figuring on 300w total system draw.. Which is probably very optimistic. I dont have a kill-a-watt, but if someone knows how to check with a multi-meter I do have one of those.

Code:
Per Day - 0.0026 BTC - 0.0928 LTC - $1.32 - power cost $0.72 - profit $0.6

Its almost not worth it for me either at this price and current MH/s return rates of the major pools at ~.0045-.0050.

Not to mention my disconnects to wafflepool servers (both E and W) on two of the 4 PCs... I have just about had it I think... I will try clever on the two disconnecting rigs and see what happens though. But this is not the .01 MH/s return that was mentioned to me when starting a bit over a month ago!! :(

A bit over a month ago thats what it was >< Coinshift has been stable, for me at least.
The flood of alt-coins doesnt help, LTC difficulty has more than doubled in a couple of weeks. These scrypt ASIC's as everyone knows are going to make it worse before it gets better, especially if they are on a switching pool. give-me-coins has VTC now, so I might try that.

Last edited:
LOL, it was NEVER close to that for me (started 2/22). .007xx was the highest actual rate I received.

Back