• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

summer is coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What the wife don't know.... actually I could use the rig to heat the tub.......The HT pump can push 250gallons/min. could use my old truck radiator, if it can handle that much flow.... Might need to revisit this later.

LOL! If you get caught you can blame me :p

What the wife don't know.... actually I could use the rig to heat the tub.......The HT pump can push 250gallons/min. could use my old truck radiator, if it can handle that much flow.... Might need to revisit this later.

My wife has been wanting a hot tub (me too for that matter). If the hardware wasn't so expensive, I'd say about 20-30 280X cards would be just about perfect to run a hot tub... :thup:

yea it hit 80f here but it was windy enough i went ahead and opened the window back up and continued to mine on my lunch break, felt good. this morning... freaking like 35f -.-

this be a huge issue for me, around here summer hits 35+C and indoors is insane due to little space
for now Im hoping to upgrade cards to 270/280s, at least them run cooler (right now my 7870s are at 63C while the 58s and 69s are at 80 .. quite a gap) then get some usb risers and spread cards out as much as i can, i may have to downsize though

this be a huge issue for me, around here summer hits 35+C and indoors is insane due to little space
for now Im hoping to upgrade cards to 270/280s, at least them run cooler (right now my 7870s are at 63C while the 58s and 69s are at 80 .. quite a gap) then get some usb risers and spread cards out as much as i can, i may have to downsize though

Same issue here if this summer is like 2 years ago. :bang head
But I'm prepared :cool:

IMG282.jpg

1 fan and a splitter? whats that gonna do in canada's blistering summers? lol

2 fans and a splitter? whats that gonna do in canada's blistering summers? lol

FTFY ;)

It was a dual pack for $25.

What will it do? Hopefully keep things cool :p
But something tells me this summer will be very hot, so we will see how these fans hold up.

(Without my crappy fan blowing cool air into my 270x, it climbes up to 87C with fans at 50% :shock: )

>.>
*heads back over to heep forums.

FTFY ;)

It was a dual pack for $25.

What will it do? Hopefully keep things cool :p
But something tells me this summer will be very hot, so we will see how these fans hold up.

(Without my crappy fan blowing cool air into my 270x, it climbes up to 87C with fans at 50% :shock: )

I have an idea Silver, instead of adding another 120 fan to your system why not up your fan speed to 75%? I'd likely work better anyhow.

I have an idea Silver, instead of adding another 120 fan to your system why not up your fan speed to 75%? I'd likely work better anyhow.

System fan is this one. It's always set to 100% with speedfan.

And here's what I just picked up.

Now that's an improvement :D

The 50% fan thing is the fan speeds on my 270x itself ;)

funny, it is like ~60°F here, and it snowed a couple nights ago.
This is going to be fun, i have about 28mhash i am going to have to figure out how to cool. I am planning on putting them up on pallet racking about 15' above the ground, and have about 10 box fans on all of them. Will definitely get some pics once i am done :)

It is getting hot in my basement....

I have conduit and wire run.
Next is building an enclosure that will protect my rigs and duct the flow of air past them and out. Since this will be in an outbuilding, I am putting some screens to keep debris (and small animals) from being pulled in the inlet area in front of the fan. I have a 25" box fan that will hopefully keep 2 rigs cool when it is 100+ outside.

:thup: for planning ahead xsuper
My rig runs at 77C mining scrypt.. I gotta figure a plan out soon :-/

When I only had one computer it wasn't as big a deal, but running over 6 scrypt mhash puts out some heat. It is like hitting a wall as I walk down the stairs.

70 F in the daytime, with 50 F at night. I had to turn on the a/c because it was too hot to sleep at night.

When I only had one computer it wasn't as big a deal, but running over 6 scrypt mhash puts out some heat. It is like hitting a wall as I walk down the stairs.

70 F in the daytime, with 50 F at night. I had to turn on the a/c because it was too hot to sleep at night.
:( That sucks. A/c and it's not even summer yet...
For every degree C your ambients go up, so do the temps of the parts. ;)

:-/
Crap.

70F ? :rofl: If I saw 70F here during the summer I'd put a sweater on. Where I live it ain't hot till its three digits. And too hot to sleep is when it only cools down to 90F outside.

Back