• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

summer is coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
70F ? :rofl: If I saw 70F here during the summer I'd put a sweater on. Where I live it ain't hot till its three digits. And too hot to sleep is when it only cools down to 90F outside.

That was mostly my point. The mining rigs make it too hot to sleep. I just looked at the temp readout on my single stage, it says 94 F. It is not attached to a computer, and hasn't been turned on in days.

yea lol theres a couple new coins that have popped up that would be profitable even though im running the AC in the mancave :)

im debating on putting a second window in the mancave so i can get good cross flow through the room now i just have one window in there which works nice in winter i just leave it cracked and i can mine till my hearts content, but once it hits like 70+ outside it turns into an oven (eg 110+) which most of the time i leave the ac at 85f which is comfortable for me most of the time if it gets really hot outside il turn it down to 75-80 depending on wat mood im in lol
i over insulated the crap out of the building for AC costs in summer / heating costs in winter.. i never even had to turn on the heater out there mining with one 280x most of the winter lol.

:drool: :drool:
mother-of-god-gif.gif

:drool: :drool:

cover your eye's silver too mature im sorry honey.

It's already hit 97 out here twice in the last two weeks. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My power bill was ~200 last month. The problem I'm having is that I have this investment to pay off, so calling off mining for the summer isn't an appealing option. Before this little bubble hit, I was only mining during off peak hours.

Anyone know of a simple way to put the rigs on timers?

could have the batch run as a windows service and have it run x hours.. or in linux cron jobs.

Back