• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primecoin mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmm, haven't seen your user that much there...you jumped on topic on the last page or two xD

Good results, but 280x is still way faster with that miner.
I like solo mining, so I'm sticking to that...plus it draws way less power than scrypt.

Are you still running this on the free license you got Ivan?

I still need to find 2 blocks before I have earned back my purchase price, but blocks have come well the last 24 hrs. So I am probably still behind if you count what I would have earned mining elsewhere for the last few days. Hopefully a 290x improvement will come soon.

i ran the miner overnight on my Radeon HD 7950. i dont see a single primecoin showing up in my wallet yet.

am i supposed to wait longer? should i put the r9 280x back in my main computer?

i have the r9 280x mining FTC right now in case your wondering.

i ran the miner overnight on my Radeon HD 7950. i dont see a single primecoin showing up in my wallet yet.

am i supposed to wait longer? should i put the r9 280x back in my main computer?

Put'er back in, you are essentially solo mining XPM with that miner. AFAIK

Yes you are solo mining. I would run the 280 for xpm. The miner is tuned for the 280.
When solo mining you have to wait longer for blocks, but the payout is a whole block, which is about 9 xpm.

Did you pay for the license, and how many GPUs did you pay to run?

Yes you are solo mining. I would run the 280 for xpm. The miner is tuned for the 280.
When solo mining you have to wait longer for blocks, but the payout is a whole block, which is about 9 xpm.

Did you pay for the license, and how many GPUs did you pay to run?

i have only 1 r9 280x so i paid for one license. i checked cpu usage and i dont see it being used much. i thought a single license would have already covered for cpu and the amount of gpus i paid for.

i have only 1 r9 280x so i paid for one license. i checked cpu usage and i dont see it being used much. i thought a single license would have already covered for cpu and the amount of gpus i paid for.

It covers one gpu, you can change it to the 280x for free, just create a new hardware ID and send it to the developer.
I'd reccomend mining with both cards to find blocks, otherwise it'll take much longer with just one 7950.

Create a .bat file to run the prime-gpu-server file like this:
D:\primegpuserver\prime-gpu-server.exe -cpuusage=9

(you have an i5 in there, right?)

Then run it, and run the prime-gpu client. Let it mine for a while, and check the Block counter in the server. 10 ch are block candidates that didn't quite make the cut, time is one of the speed parameters per card and chains per day (spot and average) is the sum of all your gpus' performance.

I'd reccomend getting a second license for the 280x and mining like that, otherwise solo mining will be slow.

i dont have enough xpm. i sold all my wdc, ftc, and xpm (totaling 0.07 btc) to get a single license.

EDIT: i swapped the R9 280x back from the core2 to the corei5 and put the 7950 back on the core 2 duo.

Last edited:
i dont have enough xpm. i sold all my wdc, ftc, and xpm (totaling 0.07 btc) to get a single license.

EDIT: i swapped the R9 280x back from the core2 to the corei5 and put the 7950 back on the core 2 duo.

Ok, the devs are working on a private pool for guys like you. Ask them to renew the license based on the new hardware ID you'll get when you run the 280x. It's a LOT faster at xpm with this miner.

I have more than recovered the cost of the miner, as long as all of my mined blocks mature.
I think that profitability will be ok for this, though difficulty is rising.

i just got the miner today and havent gotten anything yet. i only bought one license since thats all i could afford :\

1.48cpd. i let it mine over night for about 6-7 hours. then i left it alone again for another 6 hours after updating the miner and i saw 1 in the 10ch area.

its been 0.77 hours and i havent gotten anything from teh looks of it. im assuming that the cmd line wallet and gui wallet both share the same wallet data? or must i add the cmd line wallet to the gui wallet?

Just have the primecoin.conf file in place in the default path...close the wallet and start prime server and client.
Wait for a block and that's about it.

First time you run it it'll generate a username and pw for the primecoin.conf file...I used that one, not sure if necessary though.

Here's my primecoin.conf:

C:\Users\Ivan\AppData\Roaming\Primecoin\primecoin.conf

server=1
rpcport=9911
rpcuser=primecoinrpc
rpcpassword=pwd
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

You can check the balance without closing the miner using "primecoind listtransactions" or "primecoind getbalance" using command prompt. CD to the x86/primecoin/daemon folder. (I think, by memory).

Back