• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primecoin mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for now, im going to have to use the ypool miner. i cant mine like this i am going to have to mine for an entire day and a half just go get 1 or more primecoins. if i have or can get a pair of 290s and a 1200 watt psu, then ill use this miner.

all i can hope for is a pool or more cards for solo mining.

Solo will earn just as much as pool, you just have to make sure it is running right. On solo you will earn a block at a time, which is about 9xpm.

for now, im going to have to use the ypool miner. i cant mine like this i am going to have to mine for an entire day and a half just go get 1 or more primecoins. if i have or can get a pair of 290s and a 1200 watt psu, then ill use this miner.

all i can hope for is a pool or more cards for solo mining.

Soloing takes luck. It's worth it though, rewards are much larger than a pool.

For comparison:
In my time mining XPM on pool (beeeeer) I've found only 3 blocks over ~6 months.

You have a 280x no? I'd solo with it.

I think you should find about one block per day with a single 280x, but it will go down as difficulty goes up.

i have the miner on my main desktop but i will try to wait a full 24 hours.

i dont know what im supposed to do about my sisters though since they use the core 2 duo most of the time during the afternoon to night (9pm). time to improvise...

Ihavent found one today either. I have 3 290x running it. It all averages out when on solo though, you are relying on luck, but luck should even out if you do it long enough.
What is your cpd and time numbers at?

I'm pulling 2.9cpd with two 280x cards and an i7 3820.

Found 2 ch today, one block last night, and four blocks before that in 3 or 4 days.
Will probably find one or two in a few hours.

It's 100% worth it, power wise and $$ wise.

difficulty is going up pretty fast. I looked at a calculator the other day, I think it said that 10.9 gets 1/2 the blocks that 10.3 got, or something like that. Where did i see the calculator for profitability?

I assume you are holding planning for xpm to go up? That's pretty decent overall (quick math) 72x0.0016 /4 gives about .028/day or .01/mh (assuming 4x280x)

Back