• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Primecoin mining thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://anty.info/primecoin-calculator/

I got two blocks in a row last night, and one yesterday.

4 more before that, in the span of 3-4 days.

Total xpm so far: 72 or something like that, in less than a week with two cards. (not even mining 24/7, just as much as I can when I'm at home...)

i didnt get any during the 26 hour period. so i closed it and played bf4.

i think the reason why i got nothing was because i didnt have enough mining power...its like my card was jumping up trying to reach for some xpm but couldnt reach while your cards stacked on top of each other and were able to "reach for the apples in the tree"

whats the specs of your miner?

Last edited:
-i7 3820, -cpuusage=9 (add that to the prime-gpu-server shortcut...or create a bat or shortcut and add that to it if you have a high end cpu, you should aim for 60% of cpu usage in task manager. You can try cpuusage from 1 to 11).

-2 Msi R9 280X Gaming cards at 1075mhz core and 1750mhz mem.

-8gb of 1600mhz cl11 samsung wonder ram

Overclocking my once pitiful i5-2300 to 3.4 Ghz now yields 0.054 chains/day :rock:

Hehe, $0.22/day :p

Back to folding :)

Not sure if it is just a luck thing, but I seem to be getting better results with 8 CPU usage instead of 9. More chains and blocks for today after switching to 8.

Might be slightly better, will try and report back.

I think I'll mine at blackcoinpool during Sunday though, they will pay some pretty big bonuses and I think BC price still has some upwards momentum.

i dont get it. im still getting nothing. is it a must to use two cards? because all i got is a 7950 and an r9 280x. the 7950 has been mining at ypool while the r9 280x solo mines.

if pairing them is required, i may as well mine another 35xpm at ypool, buy another license, and pair the gpus together in my main desktop for use with the "better" miner.

Still no block? That is bad luck. Blocks have slowed down for me, probably because of the increasing difficulty.

http://anty.info/primecoin-calculator/

Looks like it should take about 2 days on average for you to find a block. But luck does play into it more when you only have one card running.

I would buy it from you, but my 7970s are in linux rigs. You should leave it running in hopes of hitting a lucky streak. Post up a good screenshot of both mining programs, cpu usage in task manager, and a gpuz shot. Let us double check your config and performance.

Last edited:
I would buy it from you, but my 7970s are in linux rigs. You should leave it running in hopes of hitting a lucky streak. Post up a good screenshot of both mining programs, cpu usage in task manager, and a gpuz shot. Let us double check your config and performance.

http://gyazo.com/64f50fd65e7a070081dd78c4aef3fb65

i have the cpuusage set to 8 in the desktop shortcut.

C:\Primecoin\prime-gpu-server\prime-gpu-server.exe -cpuusage=8

use cpuusage 9...1100 1750mhz for core and memory.

my card is a sapphire Dual-x r9 280x bf4 edition (bought the one that manub told me to get)

i have tried overclocking my card like i overclocked my msi 7950, but i couldnt. not even past 1055. i will try the overclock again in hopes that it will work. if it does, not, i will have to sell this card for an MSI r9 280x in hopes that it overclocks better.

decided to overclock whileusing cgminer to check kh/s. very useful for finding the sweet spot of the card. if the overclock is going in a bad direction, youll see the kh/s go down.

anyway, its at 1070mhz core and 1710mhz memory. and its actually working...lol. i now have hope that this card CAN overclock! just need to get a better cooler now. can go up to 735-740kh/s while multipool mining!

ill leave this run overnight and see how it does because i want to see if i can keep pushing this card...

actually i was able to push it up to 1100mhz core by setting the vddc to the same as my 7950s default vddc >> 1.2v.

ive been playing battlefield 4 for about 20 minutes now and its working great! no crashes. now i want to change the bios's default voltage to 1.2v...anyone know how i can do that?

EDIT: just found out something strange. making a new thread on it.

Last edited:
Back