• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stupid things windows techs say:

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

"dude, your laptop (running kali linux tethered to my cell) is using your cell internet to force my computer (running windows 8) to install viruses on customer's computers! you need to run security essentials on it now or get rid of it!"

"uh...its Linux, it doesn't have viruses, and its not even turned on!"

"i dont care, its doing it somehow! and i can prove it!"

"ok...good luck with that."

hes now trying to get me fired. I might just walk....these guys are special...

...ya... with that level of education in your peers (provided you can get work elsewhere) why would you want to be in that environment

April fools was two days ago...

And this is why I laugh at people that take tech support as the Gospel. Most of them, though there are plenty of exceptions, are muppets and no better than newegg reviews (which we all LOL at).

Dear God that is funny though... wow!

April fools was two days ago...

And this is why I laugh at people that take tech support as the Gospel. Most of them, though there are plenty of exceptions, are muppets and no better than newegg reviews (which we all LOL at).

Dear God that is funny though... wow!

LOL

"dude, your laptop (running kali linux tethered to my cell) is using your cell internet to force my computer (running windows 8) to install viruses on customer's computers! you need to run security essentials on it now or get rid of it!"

"uh...its Linux, it doesn't have viruses, and its not even turned on!"

"i dont care, its doing it somehow! and i can prove it!"

"ok...good luck with that."

hes now trying to get me fired. I might just walk....these guys are special...

You work with some very "SPECIAL" folks. I'm impressed. If your company needs a SysAdmin who isn't required to wear a helmet 24/7 let me know.

Windows is cool. :chair:

At least, it's good to beat around in or blow up, or exploit the s**t out of it. (Loving Kali now :D )

Did you try to sit and talk with them and try to prove them that they are actually wrong?
Invite them to a coffee bar and and treat something to drink to them and explain to them how things really work.

If you need to ask anyone for help in windows, you shouldn't be moving to linux. :p

lol I use Linux because I find Windows ridiculously complex.

Methal said:
"uh...its Linux, it doesn't have viruses, ..."

There is malware tailored for Linux. It's not absolutely safe. You don't want to encourage that illusion.

lol I use Linux because I find Windows ridiculously complex.

There is malware tailored for Linux. It's not absolutely safe. You don't want to encourage that illusion.

I think the windows tech said that, not the OP

Oh, I dont disagree on its validity.

@Johnny5 Windows is complex compared to Linux? Maybe the backend.... I need a Linux for dummies book, and a dummies guide to understanding the Linux for dummies book, and probably a third book for reference of the stuff that isn't clearly stated in the first 2 books.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by "double click installer, double click .exe"

Oh, I dont disagree on its validity.

@Johnny5 Windows is complex compared to Linux? Maybe the backend.... I need a Linux for dummies book, and a dummies guide to understanding the Linux for dummies book, and probably a third book for reference of the stuff that isn't clearly stated in the first 2 books.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by "double click installer, double click .exe"

Same boat here man :p
Hehe, love .exe's

Windows has become so easy to use now, a monkey could use it.
Which can be a bad thing I suppose.

Do note from the OP that three separate statements are made:
It's Linux
It doesn't have viruses
It's not turned on

Maybe the OP's three comma separated statements should be viewed in that light?

Do note from the OP that three separate statements are made:
It's Linux
It doesn't have viruses
It's not turned on

Maybe the OP's three comma separated statements should be viewed in that light?

lol I didn't mean to start anything. I'm just saying statement two is not true and its bad for people who do not know Linux to read that and think perhaps it is.

As far as whether Windows is more complicated than Linux, that is just my opinion. I never keep anything the default and I'd rather edit files in /etc any day over editing the Registry. The file permissions are much simpler, the file system makes alot more sense and a whole lot of more that ultimately is just my opinion.

Back