• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't connect 4th monitor on 6950

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avesta

Hi all,

I have the sapphire 6950 dirt 3 edition and I can't extend the desktop onto a 4th monitor. My current setup is like this:

DVI - VGA adapter --> monitor 1
DP to DVI active adapter --> monitor 2
Straight HDMI --> monitor 3
Straight DVI --> monitor 4

So I tried to use the 2nd DVI port for the 4th monitor but it doesn't work, I can't extend the desktop onto this 4th monitor. I've done a lot of research on this and it says when you use the HDMI port, it disables one of the DVI ports.

I believe I did this successfully...

DVI --> monitor 1
DVI --> monitor 2
DP to DVI active adapter --> monitor 3
HDMI --> monitor 4 (my TV)

This might have something to do with you using VGA instead of DVI.

That's the exact same as my setup, without the VGA adapter.

One of my monitors only has a VGA connection, so I can't test with a straight DVI connection to see if that's the problem.

I don't think you can run four monitors off a 6950 without Crossfire.

Someone suggested I get a cheap 5450 card to connect the 4th monitor. Will this work?

I currently running 3 24" monitors in eyefinity setup and running a crossfired. Can I plug in 4th monitor as extented monitor with a passsive display port cable.

yay I have a 7970 running my main monitor (2) and a random GPU running my other 2 (I think its a NVidia 210) so I have 4 total

Back