• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R.I.P Sabertooth R2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I feel your pain Waza and it's only 15c here. Winter is so much more suitable for this kind of fun.

It's the last day of my second HWBot competition and quite luckily for the past two days it has been cold as hell. This morning rained snow and that means cold ambient.
So I opened couple of windows and got down to 20c ambient inside and gave my CPU a good beating.
Broke my personal record of 5.5GHz by a good margin.
This is so near the limit that this CPU can do without ice that I was worried for a second that I might blow it up :D
As I watched my system pulling 600W from the socket I got stable enough clocks to validate temps and even run HWBot Prime. I managed to take back the second place on the competition:thup:
it took 1.656V and I really hope I never ever have to do that again with ambient cooling solution.

It was good fun but I think I'm going to retire from this hobby, I simply cannot afford it :D

It's the last day of my second HWBot competition and quite luckily for the past two days it has been cold as hell. This morning rained snow and that means cold ambient.
So I opened couple of windows and got down to 20c ambient inside and gave my CPU a good beating.
Broke my personal record of 5.5GHz by a good margin.
This is so near the limit that this CPU can do without ice that I was worried for a second that I might blow it up :D
As I watched my system pulling 600W from the socket I got stable enough clocks to validate temps and even run HWBot Prime. I managed to take back the second place on the competition:thup:
it took 1.656V and I really hope I never ever have to do that again with ambient cooling solution.

It was good fun but I think I'm going to retire from this hobby, I simply cannot afford it :D
Good stuff Waza, 5.5 is impressive and yes it can be a bit nerve wracking when you start pushing those kind of volts. Just a little hint, shut off cores and you may be able to push higher on less volts. Unless the competition states all 8 running.

Back